Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Okay, now I am ticked......... another cracked limb! >

Okay, now I am ticked......... another cracked limb!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Okay, now I am ticked......... another cracked limb!

Old 05-09-2005, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Okay, now I am ticked......... another cracked limb!

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

I know for a fact that BowTech will give a customer a new bow on a recurring problem. It's not worth their reputation to fool with this sort of thing. [/b] [/color]
It sounds like they are already guilt of fooling around. They are just waiting for the problem to happen and doing just enough to "fix" the problem and hope that it does. They are not concerned with the customers time and inconvenience. Because of this and what I have already heard about them I would if I had a problem demand a new bow on the first occurrence.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:38 AM

i know for a fact they will give someone a new bow also. i'm living proof. betcha $1 you got a mis-machined limb pocket. its time to take matters into your own hands and get the name of your states sales rep and call him/her yourself. BE POLITE AND HONEST. believe me there is no need to be a jerk about this. you can explain how you feel, your disappointment, your frustration, your growing lack of confidence, and everything without being impolite yourself. you can even express your anger without being mean to the person on the phone. ("i feel angry") Bowtech will treat you with dignity and will respond to you without you blowing up at them. its not like pulling teeth to get them to help and honor their end of your relationship. they are archers and hunters and its just like talking to us.

i guess i'm trying to say i went through a lot with my first patriot, but i never found it necessary to be rude, and i was never given the run-around, and everything was taken care of in a timely manner. i never minced my words or feelings either, but i expressed them politely and honestly, and i was always treated with dignity and sincerity. i, at times, was very, very angry, and i let my state's sales rep know, but i was never a jerk to him. i'm not saying you have to be nice to get something done, i'm saying you don't have to be mean to get something done.

even if you're going to sell it you should get it taken care of first or the same thing will happen to the next person but they won't have a warranty.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

yikes, sounds like it may be time to try another company??
Old 05-09-2005, 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: hoyt3

yikes, sounds like it may be time to try another company??
All companies have some problems from time to time. They will get it fixed
Old 05-09-2005, 11:47 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Time to change to a martin bow, I shot there bows since !969 or 70, never had a problem with there bows. My sons shoot martin bows and there rough on there stuff, no problems.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:05 PM

What just kills me is that I love this bow. I really really love this bow. I wasn't planning on getting rid of this bow for awhile. I am gonna see what happens, hopefully they will replace it and I can be satisfied with it.

What just seems odd is that this bow went a year without any problems with the limbs, then after a year the limb cracks, it is replaced and just weeks later and less than 100 shots, the limb cracks again.

I am gonna get ahold of my dealer and talk to him and see what we can figure out!
Old 05-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

What just kills me is that I love this bow. I really really love this bow. I wasn't planning on getting rid of this bow for awhile.
How many days of spring turkey hunting did you miss due to a cracked limb?
How many days of deer season are you willing to miss this fall?
You should at least buy a good back-up bow. Then you can keep hunting while your Bow Tech is in the shop.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am with everyone else. Sounds like a limb pocket problem to me. I have thousands of shots through my allegiance with no issues to date. I think Bowtech recognized a problem, or maybe just a potential problem that did fail on occasion and corrected it with the 05's.

Look at it this way, maybe you can wind up with an 05 bow instead. I don't forsee having any issues with Bowtech and them fixing you up. I'm sure you'll either wind up with all new 05 limbs and limb pockets or a whole new bow all together.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:02 PM

they do reserve the right to upgrade you, and they'll do it. i had an '05 patriot before any others shipped to NC.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear BM. Hope everything works out for the best!

Quick Reply: Okay, now I am ticked......... another cracked limb!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.