Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Thinking of Going back to Fingers >

Thinking of Going back to Fingers

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Thinking of Going back to Fingers

Old 04-27-2005, 07:17 AM
bigcountry

Default Thinking of Going back to Fingers

I have a older PSE Mohave with around 44" axle to axle length with adjustable draw length and synergy cams. Right now its setup for release with kisser, peep, MZE drop away.

I figured it would be a good canadate for a finger shooting. And working on another for my release.

Does anybody still shoot fingers? That open peep keeps twisting on me, and I spend more time trying to get locked in with my release when seeing an animal.

Thinking of going real low tech to a flipper and button or bodoodle. Whats the top rest these days for finger shooters? I shoot Beman hawks. I assume they can stay the same.

Old 04-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Thinking of Going back to Fingers

I don't know if there is a 'top' rest for fingers shooters these days. Not enough of us left to make any such determination. Right now I'm using a Cavalier Microflyte flipper. I like the magnetic style flippers much better than the spring activated ones. Springs break, magnets don't. Golden Key Futura still makes a whole lot of fingers rests. Go to their site and go into what I think they call their "Oldies but Goodies" section. Something like that.

They still make the Huntmaster Supreme, the Star Hunter and all those good old fingers rests from the 80's, when the only ones shooting releases were a few wierdos on the fringes of civilized society.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

YEAH! old school here! plunger button. haven't heard that term in awhile. I just got away from my plunger button and prong rest within the past five years. even after everyone went to the two prong rests, I stayed with my old style rest. just a good bit of good ol' memories
Old 04-27-2005, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's good to see a few other fingers shooters are still out there.

Been shooting that way for 25 years, and I don't think I'll ever convert.
I use a simple Flipper, and it shoots just as well as anybody I've run into at the range.

Your longer bow will be very comfy to shoot fingers. Mine gives me some pinch being only 36" ATA.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:26 AM

I still shoot fingers although not as often as I like because my fingertips go numb.

You'll still be able to use your drop-away but I think you may need to move it out away from the site window a little to compensate for the new arrow paradox. Whisker Biskets will also work for both fingers and release. I'm still using the NAP Centerrest Flipper.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another fingers shooter here. I purchased all of the bells and whistles for a release. A new bow, ACC's, Sure Loc sight, NAP 3000 rest and 30" stabilizer. I shot it a few time then put it back in the case and haven't returned. Pissed away about a grand to realize I enjoy shooting fingers more then mechanical. I now shoot a Hoyt Protec with LX Pro limbs an Oakie magnetic rest, Cavalier elite plunger and Neet superleather tab. Guess I'll be shooting fingers style until they give out and I'm forced to go mechanical.