Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Another Bowtech goes crack >

Another Bowtech goes crack

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another Bowtech goes crack

Old 04-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Another Bowtech goes crack

Setup the blind this morning before day, at daybreak had birds gobbling in two directions. Did my usual practice draw with a 7 month old 04 Mighty Mite to make sure everything was ready and hear what sounded like a popsicle stick breaking. I let down and checked the limbs the lower had splintered on the edge of the face about 1/8in. wide 3in. long. Needlesss to say I was not happy,hunt and probably rest of season over with that bow. Upon closer inspection in good light I found the top limb has a 4in. hairline split starting just above bolt. Called dealer after lunch he ordered new limbs,took bow to shop after work. Told him to call Bowtech and tell them to put a rush on it,it's embarising after bragging about Bowtech that I now have to break out a 5 yr old Matthews Q2 backup to finish my season. Told dealer if they would take it back I'd pay the diff for a Defender,he said it would be a waste if time to even try. Credit to him though,he offered to change modules on his personal 04 MM(with replaced limbs) or Defender(DL too long) until mine is fixed. I now think it's not a matter of if 04 BT limbs will break,but when will they break.
Just a little pissed blowing off steam in NC,hoping they send them quick. I still like my MM,but not when it's broken.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another Bowtech goes crack

NC hunter:
I now think it's not a matter of if 04 BT limbs will break,but when will they break.
I think that's a bit of a stretch. There are high number of BowTech shooters posting here. Think of the number that have no limb problems. I fall into that category after shooting BowTechs since their second year. Too bad the timing was so poor.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:37 AM

Been there twice... I don't brag about mine to anyone.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

I now have to break out a 5 yr old Matthews Q2
It'll still work....mine did the other day!! Sorry for your loss!

Old 04-21-2005, 10:51 AM

I haven't had any problems with mine and I've got a lot of them
Old 04-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's some funny stuff there, not funny that it happened-NOT AT ALL, funny that we are having to break out our old MATHEWS to hold us over while our 04 bowtechs are getting repaired.

I was one of them, had to use my 1996 Z-light on 3 different hunts this year do to 1st - creaky limb pockets and then 2nd- cracked limbs (2 hunts worth).

My Z-light has had to replace it's limbs also, so no make is flawless. I'm just happy, that when in need the oldy but goodies are there for us.

Back-up bows are a must, no matter what brand, or how much you paid for it.

I like my Patriot a lot, and had it not been for the limb issue would be bragging on it right and left. But since it has i just keep my trap shut.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

pdq,I talking about 04's only and yes I felt until yesterday I had one of the good sets of limbs. I don't know what the problem is but there are too many split and craked limbs for it to be a random thing. May be a bad batch from limb mfg. or some other problem. I do see a change in the limb retainer for 05, I don't claim to know what the problem is but there is a problem. My bow has been treated like a baby no extra light arrows,never left in hot car,70lb bow set at 65. Not bashing BT would buy another but my limbs and many others are broken.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

NC hunter OLE bud...Time to BUY a Darton!!!!!
Old 04-22-2005, 12:01 AM
c j
Typical Buck

Sorry about your limbs, but I think your BowTech is the exception, not the rule. Mine sure works fine:

Old 04-23-2005, 03:12 AM
Fork Horn

Pick up a Martin, i don't think you can go wrong,,looked at all the others then picked up a Martin and decided now thats just exactly what i was looking for in a bow,,Perfect ATA,,Smooth draw and above all. Accurate.

Quick Reply: Another Bowtech goes crack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.