Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
ACC arrow question >

ACC arrow question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ACC arrow question

Old 09-16-2002, 02:35 PM

Default ACC arrow question

My Acc arrows are 28.5" and are the 360's. In an earlier question I was told to switch from vanes to feathers to reduce the spine, since I believe these are too stiff for my setup. How much weight will this shave off my arrows? & If I go to 85gr fixed broadheads from 100 gr. how will this change the spine? Will the combination feathers and lower broadhead weight change my spine much? I'm thinking I should go to 125gr tips but I'm already heavier than I want to be, let alone adding more weight. What do you think? Thanks
Old 09-16-2002, 03:11 PM

Default RE: ACC arrow question

Conan,

Going to feathers will increase your FOC and stiffen your spine slightly.

Feathers weigh about 1/3rd of your vane weight. Since we do not know how long the vanes are the exact amount is hard to predict.

Going to a lighter tip of 85 grains will stiffen your arrows spine.

Going to a 125 grain tip will weaken your arrows spine.

One more comment!!! If your consideration or concern for the arrow weight factor is of because of speed. What good is speed if you can't hit what your aimming at? Good broadhead flight requires good correct arrowspine, if anything your better off being a little overspined than underspined.

Aim Hard!