Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 APA Twister Safari...Awesome! >

APA Twister Safari...Awesome!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

APA Twister Safari...Awesome!

Old 04-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default APA Twister Safari...Awesome!

I just finished setting up the APA Twister Safari I recieved the other day and got to do some shooting with it. I am here to say, this thing is as advertised! Total capture, simple setup and easy to get clearence from. The thing that struck me most was that I can finally hear my bow again. The rest is very quiet. No contest when compared to the Trophy Taker I did have on there. My Allegiance is now getting scarey quiet with this rest.

I set mine up on with the cord going through the cable slide as Matt/PA suggested. This yields the least amount of cord from rest to slide. It turns out to be a nice neat setup once completed. The hoop that arrow goes through is rubber coated with the acception of the teflon slick tubes on the prongs. They give you fleece to put on those that will make it even quieter on the draw.

The other real nice thing about the rest is the ability to adjust the timing of the rest very easily. The cord goes through a hole that has a set screw in it. Just loosen it, slide the cord a little and tighten it back down. Also, this rest has micro adjust windage adjustment. There is a screw on the side that you turn in and out to move the rest left and right.

The only complaint, and its not really a complaint is that out of the package, the rest had a little side to side slop in it. This was easily corrected by loosening a bolt and squeezing the the whole unit together and tightening. This may have just been my particular rest, but it something to check before mounting it.

All in all, I am very pleased with this rest. It took me a bit to get used to loading an arrow from the back, but for a hunting rest, I don't think it can be beat. I also noticed that this rest if very accurate and tuning it is a breeze.

Matt/PA, you were right. This is a awesome rest.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: APA Twister Safari...Awesome!

I hate being right all the time.........

It is pretty darn slick isn't it? Especially with the slide mount and how easily it tunes.
I also did the same thing as you with the tiny bit of side to side movement, just snug up the 2 sections together.

A little tip to make it even QUIETER, take 2 small pieces of moleskin and apply one to the stop peg and the other to the screw head that contacts it........it will fill the gap a bit and cause the launcher to sit a bit "advanced" at rest but it doesn't affect accuracy any. But it does prevent ANY clicking as the screw hits the stop.

If you pull the slide back with your fingers raising the rest to full height and let go quickly you will see what I mean.

I said it before and I'll say it again........why this isn't THE most popular hunting drop away rest on the market is beyond me.
Quiet , reliable, easy to tune and very accurate.
I'm getting another one soon for my Diamond Victory. (I mounted mine permanently onto my Allegiance.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

Is there an online source for these?
Old 04-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

500fps, I bought mine through Archery Experts. IMO, its the best darn archery source going. I've bought a lot through them and they have always been great to deal with.

http://store.yahoo.com/archery-experts/apsa.html
Old 04-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just curious, why did you not go with the SL (side load ) version of the twister Safari? I am going to order one but can't make up my mind which one. It seems to me that it would be simpler and safer with a broadhead to just feed it through the side on an SL version.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure why I didn't go with the side load. I don't see a thing wrong with it, I just personally liked the original style Twister a little better. Maybe its the slick tubes.

When I first started shooting this rest, I had a fun time remembering to load the arrow into the rest first before knocking the arrow. But once you become used to it, its second nature. I still from time to time forget and try to just stick the arrow on the rest.

I'm with you Matt, I see why you are wondering why this rest isn't a lot more popular. Its simply the best hunting drop away going. I always thought the MZE was, but I think this one has it beat fairly easily. Easier to setup, tuning is even easier and getting clearence isn't even an issue if its setup correctly, which I want to reiterate is ridiculously easy to setup.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info! I predict there is about to be one more happy customer.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:27 PM

I got the apa twister safari on my ultra mag. I load mine from the front, seems to be easier. The only complaint i have with it is you can only move it up so far, and i'd like to be able to move it up more, that way i could move my sit pins up further since my 20 yard pin is in the middle of the circle. I suppose I'll live though. Excelent site, love it other than that one thing.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:59 PM

I shot the Ultimate twister on my Hoyt, and it was awesome! Set it up one day, shot a big fat doe the next! I sold it as I am waiting for a new bow from APA (check them out! ) and Nibal said he would send the new rest with the bow. I can't wait!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 03:43 PM

I agree great rest! I have set up 4 of the new ones so far and they are great. I sent to the MZE this year though because although the twisters are great, the MZE is still quieter

Quick Reply: APA Twister Safari...Awesome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.