HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - APA Twister Safari...Awesome!
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 06:13 AM
muzzyman88
Nontypical Buck

Default APA Twister Safari...Awesome!

I just finished setting up the APA Twister Safari I recieved the other day and got to do some shooting with it. I am here to say, this thing is as advertised! Total capture, simple setup and easy to get clearence from. The thing that struck me most was that I can finally hear my bow again. The rest is very quiet. No contest when compared to the Trophy Taker I did have on there. My Allegiance is now getting scarey quiet with this rest.

I set mine up on with the cord going through the cable slide as Matt/PA suggested. This yields the least amount of cord from rest to slide. It turns out to be a nice neat setup once completed. The hoop that arrow goes through is rubber coated with the acception of the teflon slick tubes on the prongs. They give you fleece to put on those that will make it even quieter on the draw.

The other real nice thing about the rest is the ability to adjust the timing of the rest very easily. The cord goes through a hole that has a set screw in it. Just loosen it, slide the cord a little and tighten it back down. Also, this rest has micro adjust windage adjustment. There is a screw on the side that you turn in and out to move the rest left and right.

The only complaint, and its not really a complaint is that out of the package, the rest had a little side to side slop in it. This was easily corrected by loosening a bolt and squeezing the the whole unit together and tightening. This may have just been my particular rest, but it something to check before mounting it.

All in all, I am very pleased with this rest. It took me a bit to get used to loading an arrow from the back, but for a hunting rest, I don't think it can be beat. I also noticed that this rest if very accurate and tuning it is a breeze.

Matt/PA, you were right. This is a awesome rest.