Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bare shafting

Old 03-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default bare shafting

I need a little info on bare shafting using a release aid.I have the easton tech book but they only show bare shafting to be used if shooting fingers.do you guys bare shaft using a release aid?
Old 03-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bare shafting

You go through the same process. The difference is that often times the results you see from left to right will require opposite adjustments than for fingers. In other words, a shaft that is too stiff will shoot to the right and not to the left, etc.

Does this help? Another thing I'd recommend is to start you shooting close. I usually begin at about 6' and work back from there, making adjustments as I go. I start with my rest on centershot and never move it. If my bare shaft is planing left or right I adjust the poundage of my bow to see how the next shot will act. If the next shot is worse then I go the other way. Do you get it?
Old 03-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: bare shafting

yup I get it.I have done this many times with fingers just not a release aid.as far as up and down is this the same?