Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Cable guard slide >

Cable guard slide

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cable guard slide

Old 03-07-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Cable guard slide

I kind of got obsessed with getting my bow as quite and shock free as possible and installed a Sims Teflon calbe guard slide. When I shot it today I was missing about 4 inches to the left but it was pretty consistent. When I installed the slide I noticed that it was holding my cables about 1/8" inch closer to the cable guard than the factory one. The sims cable slide ultimately holds my cables slightly closer to the cable guard than the original. Is this a problem? I am worried that I am stretching the cables a little bit and possibly taking my bow out of tune. I really don't want to mess with that, so I put the original back on. What do you guys think?? Thanks in advance
Old 03-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cable guard slide

B-Tech--did you put the cables in the right slots. You've obviously noticed that there's a shorter and a longer slot.
Check to see if the cables are 'crossing' almost in the center of the bow. It can also be cable torque on your cams--did you look to see if there was any twist in the cams when the bow was at 'full draw'.
After replacing the original cable guard were your shots back to where you were aiming?
Old 03-07-2005, 04:46 PM

I put the cables in the correct slots, and after I installed the original cable slide my shots were right back on. The Sims slide holds my cables a little closer to the cable slide than the original one, this is where I am assuming my change is occurring. This, in my opinion, should be stretching my cables just a little bit more than the original slide and probably resulting in my shots being off to the left. And no, my cables do not touch at all where they cross.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've now switched to the 'HICKS' cable slide on my BowTech and it's working fine. Check it out!!
I found my cables showed abrasions with the original BowTech cable slide--wish I'd made the change 'before' that started.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:03 AM

Thanks, I'll check it out.