Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Weights are having an adverse affect... >

Weights are having an adverse affect...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Weights are having an adverse affect...

Old 03-03-2005, 05:10 PM

Default RE: Weights are having an adverse affect...

I think CG hit it on the head.In fact if you are lifting heavy( to failure)for maximum strength,the general consensus these days is that you should only work each muscle once a week to allow adequate rest.Most "athletes" work hard during the off season then scale back and do lighter weights and more reps during the season just to maintain their condition.That's typically what I do during hunting season.

2 exercises I think really work your bow shooting muscles are bent over dumbell rows and,if your gym has an adjustable cable set up like you use for crossovers,then set up the pulley at the same height you draw your bow,stand in your shooting stance and do cable pulls straight back.

One thing I found that really helped me was shooting a recurve during the off season.It's fun to shoot and really works out those shooting muscles.

CB