Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Finally shot an Old Glory >

Finally shot an Old Glory

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Finally shot an Old Glory

Old 03-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Finally shot an Old Glory

For those of you who remember me, I thought you might like to know that I finally got a chance to shoot an Old Glory. I have to admit I was very impressed. The one I shot was a little long for me but after only a few shots I was able to hold right around 2" groups at 20 yards. I'm sure that's not impressive for many of you but thats as good or better than I ever shoot and with unfamiliar equipment at that. The shop owner chronographed an arrow for me and it was shooting a 366 grain arrow 269 ft/sec at 63 pounds. Nothing unexpected about the speed but I was definately impressed with how it felt and how it grouped. Haven't made up my mind for sure yet but I'm leaning towards buying it. Really the only thing holding me back a bit is that I don't have a press that will work with those limbs. I like to do my own work and adding a press to the bill makes it a bit pricy.
Anyway, I just thought some of you would like to know.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:12 PM

Default RE: Finally shot an Old Glory

Why not get a portable press???
Old 03-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why not get a portable press???
Sounds good but what do you mean and how much do they cost?
Old 03-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad to hear you shot one, and liked it. They are very nice shooting bows. Contact walks with a gimp. He makes a press that will work fine on your Old Glory. And the price is very reasonable.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

For those of you who remember me, I thought you might like to know that I finally got a chance to shoot an Old Glory. I have to admit I was very impressed. The one I shot was a little long for me but after only a few shots I was able to hold right around 2" groups at 20 yards. I'm sure that's not impressive for many of you but thats as good or better than I ever shoot and with unfamiliar equipment at that. The shop owner chronographed an arrow for me and it was shooting a 366 grain arrow 269 ft/sec at 63 pounds. Nothing unexpected about the speed but I was definately impressed with how it felt and how it grouped. Haven't made up my mind for sure yet but I'm leaning towards buying it. Really the only thing holding me back a bit is that I don't have a press that will work with those limbs. I like to do my own work and adding a press to the bill makes it a bit pricy.
Anyway, I just thought some of you would like to know.

I'm glad to hear you liked the bow but I must ask, what kind of press do you have and why wouldn't it work on an Old Glory? The limbs aren't nearly as parallel on it as they are on several others in the line.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:40 PM

Bought my Old Glory on 2-3-05. And love it. It is worth every red cent I paid for it. If you buy one you wont regret it one bit. One of the best new bows on the market this year.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

BowTech_Shooter wrote:
I'm glad to hear you liked the bow but I must ask, what kind of press do you have and why wouldn't it work on an Old Glory? The limbs aren't nearly as parallel on it as they are on several others in the line.
The press I have is one I built myself many many years ago but you bring up a good point about the limbs. I'm just assuming it won't work because the fellow at the bow shop told me I needed one like he was selling. Hmmmmm...
Old 03-03-2005, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

BowTech_Shooter wrote:
The press I have is one I built myself many many years ago but you bring up a good point about the limbs. I'm just assuming it won't work because the fellow at the bow shop told me I needed one like he was selling. Hmmmmm...
I've seen this type of thing happen with archery dealers, car dealers, etc., ya got to watch yourself these days.

What shop did you go to?
Old 03-03-2005, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

The OG is a sweet bow isn't it? You know you're gonna buy it, don't fight it, its no use. I bit on the Alegiance and I extremely satisfied with my choice. The whole lineup are tack drivers.

On the note of the press, I'd be very careful what press you put it in. There is no use bending up a brand new bow in press that isn't designed for them. I know of three very nice presses that work perfectly on these bows. The Apple Pro Press, the Xpress and there is a fella here names Walks with a Gimp who makes a portable that is awesome. The Apple and Xpress are abuot 500.00 though. Gimp is selling his for less then a 100 last time a checked.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

I received my Old Glory two weeks ago and I am very pleased with the bow's shooting characteristics. Very acccurate and easy to tune. I haven't checked the speed yet but I am not expecting much since I am currently using some fairly heavy arrows and the bow is turned down to the low end of its draw weight range. Probably my only "issue" at the moment is the fact that I would like a slightly longer valley on it.

Quick Reply: Finally shot an Old Glory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.