Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
darton maverick - overly noisey >

darton maverick - overly noisey

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

darton maverick - overly noisey

Old 09-10-2002, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default darton maverick - overly noisey

when i shoot there's an overly loud thwack. my bow is equiped with limbsavers, stabalizer, catwhiskers etc. I'm not positive but I think it mioght be comin from my cable slide. it's not a teflon, it's the one that came on the bow. how far forward does the slide go when i release the string? could it be hittin somethin? this bow was very quiet when I first got it. any ideas?
Old 09-10-2002, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: darton maverick - overly noisey

I would assume you have checked all your accessory screws to make sure they are tight, including the screws on the cam.

I would definitely change the cable slide to a teflon type, Bomar worked well for me before I put the Muzzy ZE on. You might also check to make sure your cable slide didn't work loose. Unlikely but I have seen it happen.

I would also check the cam to make sure it isn't leaning. Mine would just nick the very end of the cam. It really wasn't noticeable though until I saw a spot of paint gone on the cam.

It would be wise to look for a subtle crack in your limbs too. If there are any they usually appear near the intersection of the cut outs for the idler wheel and cam. You might even need a magnifying glass to see them. I have had it happen to my Mav twice. I noticed my bow seemed louder than normal so I got out the magnifying glass and went over it. Darton was very good to me and replaced everything but the string with no charge.

Good luck.

Old 09-10-2002, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

My maverick just started doing the same thing I have silencers everywhere on the ZE rest on my sight I have the limbsavers on the bow and the noise just started the other day so if you figure it out let me know..

Take a child hunting,for they are not only our future but also the future of hunting. Roy .
Old 09-11-2002, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

thanks guys. Roy i hope our limbs don't explode on us! yikes!
Old 09-12-2002, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me too I do have a backup a Cyclone and it is in tune and ready but I like my maverick better..........

Take a child hunting,for they are not only our future but also the future of hunting. Roy .
Old 09-12-2002, 10:58 AM
Spike

The Darton factory has a new cam for the problem of the cam hitting the limb.

I called and the main tech said he had a fix for me. I sent it to him, he put on new cams and new limbs. I paid for shipping and requested new cables and string - he put those on and only charged me for the cables and string. And I virtually had a new bow. I shoot the Cyclone...but all of the first model CPS cams had the same problem. The new ones should not do this - - I had the upgrade done last year early and I shoot alot and have had no problems.

The cam was causing some noise. Make sure all of your bolts are tight - the older bows are not near as quiet as the new ones - I heard the new Legacy - whisper quiet.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

Guys, I think I might have found the problem. I had a new string put on it about a month ago, and had the draw length let out 1". I just checked the little allen head screws in the cams and dang all but 1 were loose. I'll know for sure after i shoot it, but i bet that was my problem.
better check your's Roy if you hadn't already.
Old 09-13-2002, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Terry I had already checked those screws and everything else I could think of so far no luck.
Old 09-13-2002, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

it did help the noise. still not as quiet as it used to be though.