Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Mathews Switchback question! >

Mathews Switchback question!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Switchback question!

Old 03-01-2005, 08:17 AM

Default Mathews Switchback question!

Okay all you Mathews guys! My sisters boyfriend has picked up his Switchback and when he went to the pro-shop, the bow (a 60-70# model) was sitting right around 64#! The thing is, this 64# was with the limb bolts turned out about as far as they could. When they maxed the bow out, his bow was pulling around 75-76# They turned the bow down to 70# and decided to leave it at that.

He had shot the bow at 64# for about a week before yesterday when he bumped it up to 70#. The crazy thing is, his bow now seems to INCREDIBLY stiff to draw! That extra 6# of draw weight made this bow feel like a 80# bow. He was shooting it at the target and he kept telling me how his arm was getting tired after only a few shots! I picked it up and drew it back and couldn't believe it. I had to put it on a scale to see it was only 70#. Has anybody else noticed this with their Switchback?

Has anybody else recieved a SB that was pulling 5-6 pounds more than it should?

His buddy also bought the SB from the same shop and set it up with a 29" dl, which is his size but when he got his 29" SB, he had to anchor back by his ear! This bow has around a 30" dl while the cams are for a 29".
Old 03-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mathews Switchback question!

His buddy also bought the SB from the same shop and set it up with a 29" dl, which is his size but when he got his 29" SB, he had to anchor back by his ear! This bow has around a 30" dl while the cams are for a 29".
I am glad I am not the only one that noticed this. IMHO This is how Mathews gets that little exrta IBO speed? Every 29" draw bow I have shot that Mathews makes is too long for me. I have shot the SB, LX, Outback, Q2 & Q2-XL.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Mathews Switchback question!

My fatherinlaw just bought a new Switchback with the 29" draw and its exactly 29"! I have a 29 1/2" draw and its 1/2" too short for me. Something is not right at all with his setup.