Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Adjustable Bows

Old 02-24-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Adjustable Bows

I'm new to all this bow stuff, but I decided that I'd enjoy learning how use them and become skilled with them. Since I have no friends who are into bows and the one guy I know who is uses bows a lot and cannot help me, I decided to ask you all.

I'm looking for a rather cheap (under 100$ if you will) adjustable bow, but what I don't understand is how you can tell an adjustble one from one that isn't adjustable.

I'm not very strong, but I've been told that you get used to the bow fast and so it's better to get one that you can adjust.

I'm not going to be using it to hunt with, I'm going to be using it on targets only.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:03 PM

Default RE: Adjustable Bows

Under $100? You will have to look for a used bow. A Genesis Pro is about $150. Check it out at www.Mathewsinc.com It would be easy to draw and adjust draw length. If you are an adult, it will be more difficult to find one is that inexpensive. Check out the Reflex Excursion. It will be about $200 new plus sights, rest, release, arrows, ect. It has a very forgiving 8 3/8 inch brace and adjustable draw lenght. They are at www.reflexbow.com
Good luck.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:23 PM

Default RE: Adjustable Bows

check out ebay for great used bows. i purchased my parker phoenix from there and my roomate got a PSE that works great. if your familiar with ebay it is a great place to grab all kinds of archery equipment at huge discounts!! the only thing i have not bought on there are arrows. im just scared that i will get a used batch or something so i buy them new.