Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 D ring nocking points? >

D ring nocking points?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

D ring nocking points?

Old 02-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default D ring nocking points?

I was looking at a fixed D ring type nocking point today at Basspro. Basically a solid version of a string loop. In fact they had a couple, one was just a straight D and the other included a seperate slot for the nock. Would like to hear opinions on anyone who has used these types of devices. I would think they would suck up a fair amount o FPS but seemed simpler to use than a string loop which might flop around in the heat of the moment. One thing that did concern me is ever that device broke you would have either a blown shot or possibly a damaged bow. Any body use these type of things?
Old 02-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: D ring nocking points?

TerryM--I've had the opportunity of fitting those D loops on several bows and for many various reasons, months down the road, customers revert back to the loop rope.
Keep it 'simple'. Once the knots are tied and locked properly, the loop rope will/should last the life of the string.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:22 PM

Yea, I dont find any problems with the rope D loop. Mine is always lined up right behind the nock and I can find it with my eyes closed. If you practice all year long, shooting with the loop shouldnt provide any trouble.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to mention I have seen the metal loops tear up releases.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:52 PM

until recently i have been using the T.R.U Nock with peep aligner and i loved it, i thought. my new parker phoenix 34 wasn't shooting as fast as i thought it should and the owner of a local pro shop said to switch to a string loop. so, i went back to the string loop and viola!! i had to use my 10 yard pin at 20 yards!!! i havn't chronographed my setup for any specific fps advantage but the bow is so much faster for whatever reason that i dont intend on switching back. also the metal d ring has phillips head screws that need to be tightened every 20 or 30 shots or your nocking point will soon adjust itself or just fall off. do your self a favor, keep the string!!