Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
ni nok for carbon express >

ni nok for carbon express

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ni nok for carbon express

Old 09-08-2002, 06:38 PM

Default ni nok for carbon express

I'm shooting 3-D selects with easton super noks. The problem I'm having is this arrow is really lite for hunting. So I attach a 10" weight tube to the nok and insert it as one piece into the arrow. I do this for increased weight of 30 grains to give me 6 gr. per lb. which I prefer for broad heads. I know. Why not just change arrows? Cause I'm pig headed and just like the spec's of these arrows. and they flew great for me for 3-d. Well after shooting an arrow about 20 times w/this set-up the super nok comes lose and comes out at impack. My solution is use the uni nok sys. What size do I use for my 200 3-d selects. 60's or 71's? I tried a 60 and it seemd a little lose. I know this is more info then you needed for the question but hunting season is close and I'm going into rutt. lol Thanks. Jerry

Old 09-09-2002, 07:00 AM

Default RE: ni nok for carbon express

Don't know if this will help ya much, but the inside measurment of my PSE Carbon Force shafts is .244, and I use the Easton Redline 3-60 uni-bushings, and G-nocks on my arrows. The Redline 3-60 uni-bushing fits these shafts perfectly. If you know what the inside diameter of your shafts are you can find out from there what uni-bushing to use. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown

Old 09-09-2002, 08:20 AM

Default RE: ni nok for carbon express

Jerry,

Len is the one who turned me onto epoxying 3-60 nock inserts inside my CE200's and using a G series nock. This system has been exceptional. Hope this helps.