Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 I need to stay away from........ >

I need to stay away from........

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I need to stay away from........

Old 02-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Default I need to stay away from........

the archery shops! Been thinking about traditional equipment lately but I made myself go to my nearest shop this afternoon. There I found the Matthews Switchback and Hoyt V-tec. Both look outstanding. I never got to shoot either, never had time. But from the looks and feel of both bows set at 65 lbs., and at my correct draw length....the grip, and the balance of the Hoyt V-tec really has me interested. This bow is really well balanced right from the start. I hope it shoots as well as it feels when I go back soon. Surprisingly I also found the Reflex Super Slam bow to be very pleasing and at $200 less I need to give it a serious look as well. Hopefully within a few weeks I can check out a Bowtech Allegiance to see what all the fuss is about. Dang bowshops anyway!!!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need to stay away from........

Couger, dont ya just hate that!? I did the same thing really. I had to shoot the new Bowtechs and from then on, well.......lets just say I'm patiently, sometimes painfully waiting for my new Allegiance to arrive.

I can't speak for the Mathews, but the Hoyts are excellent in every way. They're a great bow from a class act company. If I were you, i'd wait and shoot the Bowtechs. I have always been a diehard Hoyt shooter but this year, well, I think Bowtech has something for em.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:21 PM

I would strongly recommend you NOT going to look at the new Bowtechs. You will most likely come out of the shop a few bills lighter than you went in. I know I did. On the other hand, it is only money and you can't take it with you.....
JMAC
Old 02-10-2005, 05:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, I never thought I would see the day you switched from your beloved Martin. I think you would be an excellent unbiased opinion on this issue. If you do get a new one then it should prove interesting which one you end up with.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:53 AM

I shot the Switchback, Vtec, owned a Reflex and bought the Allegiance 2 wks ago. I was blown away by the Bowtechs. All of the bows were good and I will not bad mouth any of those bows. Shoot them all and find the best fit for you. Good luck!
Old 02-10-2005, 05:56 AM

ORIGINAL: jmac_or

I would strongly recommend you NOT going to look at the new Bowtechs. You will most likely come out of the shop a few bills lighter than you went in. I know I did. On the other hand, it is only money and you can't take it with you.....
JMAC
Just have to respond to this..... I shot and priced Mathews, Hoyt, Reflex and Bowtechs. With the obvious exception of Reflex, all of those bows are within about $40 of each other. Reflex is the discountinue line of Hoyt.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:20 PM

I was actually not referring to a price difference, just the fact that he would end up buying one, as opposed to just shooting one at the shop. And I am pretty sure an Allegiance is not a traditional bow.
JMAC
Old 02-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, I never thought I would see the day you switched from your beloved Martin
If I do, my ole Martin will be my backup I forgot to mention I have not had the opportunity to check out the Martin Shadowcat or Slayer yet.........there is no longer a Martin pro shop in my area. I am just lookin for now........I find it easier to resist temptation the older I get. Besides, I need a new roof and furnace.[:@]
Old 02-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Which ever way you choose you can garauntee that your gonna get your money's worth ,I'm also one of those guy's who refuses to put down the competition .Thye're all great bow's and I've shot them all ,but I chose the BowTech because it was what felt right for my want's and need's .I've never ever looked back .Good luck in choosing your new bow .Let the games begin.

nubo
Old 02-12-2005, 11:02 PM

yes all great bows, this is the year for the bow i think mathews, hoyt and bowtech all came screaming out of the gates with awesome bows, but for those who missed that trournament winning shot, or that big buck, oooooo ya shoulda bought a bowtech!!