Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Ohio versus PA Smackdown Official Thread >

Ohio versus PA Smackdown Official Thread

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ohio versus PA Smackdown Official Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Ohio versus PA Smackdown Official Thread

The 1st annual battle of BowTech - The Bucks vs. The Country Pumpkins

Figured I would start it's own thread. We can talk smack or use this thread to figure it out.

I do hope some of us can meet up. For the guys who are interested, what class do you shoot in? I am trying to decide between HC and MBR. Buckeye and myself were leaning torward HC but then we realized there were enough sandbaggers in there already, LOL. So now I am leaning torward MBR. Isn't Hunters Class intended more for a guy who just wants to bring his hunting bow without setting up anything for 3D? I know there are some very serious shooters in HC at the nationals but I am picturing "average joe" at the local shoots with big old aluminum arrows and slapping his release trigger like an old girlfriend. And then there is me using ACC's and a back tension release. I do like the thought of only having to judge distance to 35 yards though..............

Couple questions:
Do these classes shoot completely separate ranges? Or just different stakes? Does anyone know what the average shot distance is for HC and MBR? Unless something has changed over the years I am thinking that most of the MBR shots would be more than the HC 35 yard max? Just trying to figure it all out so I know what vanes to put on my arrows. How would we crown an official "Border Battle" champion if some of us are shooting different classes?

Thanks for any input.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ohio versus PA Smackdown Official Thread

Buckeye and myself were leaning torward HC but then we realized there were enough sandbaggers in there already, LOL.
AHEM matt/pa

I am still up in the air whether to shoot MBR or HC. I will shoot HC for the indoor worlds then will decide what to do for the triple crown after hand.

For the smack down we might have to shoot it on the defense range if we are all not shooting the same class????

As for the Erie leg of the crown who will be there for sure?
Pat, Matt, Phil, Troy, Myself should all be there for sure

Bm, muzzy, hardwoods, Frank What about you guys??
Old 02-05-2005, 11:58 PM

How did I know that buckeyes big mouth would be the first one on this post

I should be able to meet up with all you guys! Heck, by that time my girlfriend will have her bow (BowTech Miranda), and by then, she will already be above your league buckeye.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well seeing you guys dont know what class you are all gonna shoot then just go to the blue stakes and shoot from there with pins no scopes and hunting stabilizers.

Lets put some fun in this thing gee whats shooting over 35 yds gonna prove?

Seein ya'll good at the big talk lets see ya back it up from the blue stakes and we'll who the men are and who the boys really are[:-][8D]
Old 02-06-2005, 06:49 PM

hell yea bring it on buckeyes!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love pumpkin pie. Isn't that what you get after smashing pumpkins? I'll bring the cool whip. Feet up, enjoying being served dinner by the LOSERS!!!

Troy, at the National Triple Crown you'll see lots of target gear in HC. It's just limited by rules.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know if us "Pumpkins" (Where the he** did Pumpkin come from anyway?) will have enough team members?
You might have to pony up a Buckeye.

I will most definitely be shooting HC in Erie. I haven't shot any of the Triple Crown shoots yet and would not enjoy driving 5 hours to get my butt handed to me the first time out.

Been shooting pretty well lately.......shot my first 2 shoots now with the Old Glory this weekend. I dropped a 324 ASA score on the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show Indoor 3D shoot in Harrisburg on Saturday to take top slot for the day for all classes combined and qualify for the finals next Saturday (They only take the top score for each day in each class to advance)
And then today shot a 312 IBO in my Winter outdoor League. Only shot (4) 8's in the last 60 targets after just getting the bow on Wednesday, setting it up Thursday night and sighting it in the last hour before dark on Friday..........I'd say me and the Old Glory are getting along just fine.

Don't you worry fellow PA Pumpkins, turn em' back to your boy.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

....Frank What about you guys??
Thanks for thinking of me but, no big shoots for me. If one of you knows of some local club putting together a shoot somewhere in between all of us then I will be glad to attend. I am not in the same class as the pumpkin from York above....

Old 02-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

What about Muzzy and Hardwoods? Where you guys at?

It was muzzys idea for the Buckeye pumpkin shoot off in the first place.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:57 AM

Original = Matt / PA

Been shooting pretty well lately.......
I guess so Matt, that sounds like some awesome shooting, nice job! I have only shot my new Allegiance a few times since I picked it up last week. I shot my first 5 spot round yesterday and finished with 300/44X with pins and a 12" stabilizer. I was averaging about 296/40X with my old bow and beat that easily on my first round with the Allegiance. No doubt these bows are some sweet shooters! We have a couple outdoor local 3D shoots coming up in Feb., and I want to shoot them if its in the 30's or higher temps.

I don't know where the "pumpkin" term came from, I copied it from the other thread.[&:]

Quick Reply: Ohio versus PA Smackdown Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.