Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Ohio versus PA Smackdown Official Thread >

Ohio versus PA Smackdown Official Thread

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ohio versus PA Smackdown Official Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 04:10 PM

Default RE: Ohio versus PA Smackdown Official Thread

Blodg, I shot at Hard Noc's this pat Sat. and shot a 295 in HC. I thought it was a pretty tuff shoot, Steve usually sets them tuff. Will probably shoot there on the 27th, maybe we will get to meet each other. sjb3
Old 03-08-2005, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: sjb3

Blodg, I shot at Hard Noc's this pat Sat. and shot a 295 in HC. I thought it was a pretty tuff shoot, Steve usually sets them tuff. Will probably shoot there on the 27th, maybe we will get to meet each other. sjb3
Nice shooting sjb3, and that would be great to try and meet up. Let me know when the time gets closer and maybe we can pick a time to meet. Maybe I could shoot along with your group if it's not full. I am just getting back into 3D after a loong layoff and will be switching to HC. It would be good to shoot with someone tough. Where you from? What other shoots do you go to in the area?
Old 03-08-2005, 06:42 PM

Well guys, I am not sure if I am gonna be able to make it or not! I might be heading up to Canada around that time for some northern pike fishing (yes Matt, I will be taking a fly-rod)!

I am not sure when I am heading up there, but I will see what I can do. If I can make it, I will bring my girlfriend, I figure that we need a rookie to match up skills with Buckeye!
Old 03-08-2005, 11:23 PM

Blodg, Its only about a 1/2 hr drive for me to get to hard nocs, I live in Upper Sandusky. Our club shoots every third Sunday of the month, But will shoot this weekend due to the Deer and Turkey expo. I think Steve put on one of the better shoots in the area, and if a person shoots well at hard nocs I think they would place well at an IBO event. Not alot of 3d going on around here yet, about another month and a guy should be able to shoot every weekend. sjb3
Old 03-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

sbj3 and Troy, if you guys need another to round a group out, PM me. I shot the IBO State shoot Hard Noks two yrs ago. I liked that the targets were set longer than most local shoots. Some friends shot this past weekend, average 20 yds. Good for the ego, not so much for the practice.
To all you pumpkins, I won't tell you how I shot last night for the first time since beginning my Secret Zen Archery Training Program. I don't want to hear any excuses. Like I may go fishing. And Matt. Me a ringer? How can that be. I can't even see the rings past 6 yds. I have to guess where to shoot all the time. [:-]
Old 03-09-2005, 12:16 PM

Pdq 5oh if your friends shot hunter class the average was 25-28 yds. I thought it was a pretty tough shoot. He had a clear shot to the vitals but would have saplings right beside the kill where you had to concentrate, look at the kill, then the sapling Steve put a pretty tough mental game on you. The next shoot is Sunday the 27th pretty sure we'll shoot we usually get there around 8:30- 9:00. Usually just myself and a friend shoot, and we do it just for bowhunting experience and something to do. If we shoot bad we don't get to excited, try to figure out what we did wrong and go on. Maybe the weather will break and be about 65-70. Yeah I'm dreaming. sjb3