Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Spot-Hogg Sights >

Spot-Hogg Sights

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Spot-Hogg Sights

Old 01-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Spot-Hogg Sights

Thank's Muzzy man I'll be heading to the proshop tommorrow anyway's ,so I'll look into it .What I'm wondering is can I just change the fibre on my pin's to the .029 fibre or do I need to replace the pin's and fibre ?

nubo
Old 01-17-2005, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty sure you'll need the hole pin. The hole where the fiber is threaded into is slightly bigger.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

John.

You can either get a new pin in .029 as MM88 said or get the light.

If you get the light then here is a little tip get a magic marker and black it out a bit cause the sucker is bright and get some teflon tape like the plumbers use and put a couple of wraps on the thread where the batteries go cause it will vibrate loose
Old 01-17-2005, 05:08 PM

just want 2 throw my 2 cents in.And tell me if any of you have had this problem.I shot a hog it for 3-d and i was really in pressed with the quailty of the sight but. I could not keep the pins in place. they would come out of adjustment all the time. Im guessing I wasnt getting the right amont of pressure on both of the set screws.And also I found the way the pins are angled down and up that it blocked to much of the target and I could not get a good veiw.alsoI had a big problem with the light issue. So I sold it and got me a extreme sight and i am very pleased with that.But that my opion take it for what its worth.

EVERY HUNTER KNOWS WHAT THEY NEED TO DO THEY JUST DONT DO IT
Old 01-17-2005, 05:10 PM

I have the Real Deal with .019 pins and found that I can see up to when a black silouette which is too late. That is with a yellow pin. But if the pin is red, forget it. I can't see it.