Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 2 questions about the 05 Bowtechs >

2 questions about the 05 Bowtechs

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2 questions about the 05 Bowtechs

Old 01-11-2005, 12:26 PM

Default 2 questions about the 05 Bowtechs

I've had a Constitution and an Old Glory on order now since Nov. Can't wait till they get here. At any rate a couple of questions: Has anyone seen the new dipped target color from Bowtech yet? I ordered my constitution in black/pewter, but I'm kicking over changing it to the new color if it won't slow down when it ships. I'm just wondering how it looks and how durable it will be.

Secondly, how is cable clearance for the vanes on the 05? I hope there's more room there than there was last year.

Rod
Old 01-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2 questions about the 05 Bowtechs

I don't shoot spots but, I'm considering getting a Constitution in black marble because I like it so much. It's very cool, and shiny. There is plenty of clearance.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

OMG....................you've been waiting since November............the nightmare moves on.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Relax Muz,
He's waiting because of the anodized riser.....just like me.

Rod,
The Black Marble dipped finish is VERY nice, so much so that I switched MY order for it. It is clear coated for durability.
The pictures in the catalog do not do this color justice at all, it's a black base with gray and gold swirls throughout almost like shaded lightning. I didn't realize there was even gold in the color until I saw one first hand the other day at the ATA show. I think we got more compliments on that color than any of them there. I assume the turnaround time will be shorter with this color since it is a dipped finish and Bowtech owns the dipping facility.
The anodized risers must come back from machining, then they have to be polished and sent to anodizing.....outsourced stuff that you are at the mercy of.
There were Black, red and Blue anodized models at the show so maybe yours is on the way?

You know I didn't actually measure or check cable clearance on the 2005's!? I was a little sidetracked to say the least.....I did shoot them all and I think any cable conflict would have jumped out at me, especially since I think none of the rests installed on the shooting bows were even set to centershot.
I think the tightness from 2004 was addressed on the new risers.