Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Sight Adjustment 2 >

Sight Adjustment 2

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight Adjustment 2

Old 12-28-2004, 12:42 PM

Default Sight Adjustment 2

Hi again,

I followed everyones instructions of moving my sight to the left and the pins down, and I was still shooting low. From about 5 yards, I had to use the bottom of the 4 pins to hit the spot accurately, and the target was about 3 and a half feet off the ground. I moved the sight and pins as low as they could go, and I still had problems. Any suggestions?
Old 12-28-2004, 12:51 PM

Default RE: Sight Adjustment 2

It should be possible to move the entire sight assembly down.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Three things I can think of check them in this order:

- bow tune. Set the arrow on the rest and nock it, is the arrow perpendicular to the string or is it pointing way down. If way down, paper tune the bow, or eyeball it and move the nock point down.

- gang adjust on the sight to move the whole sight down.

- raise the peep sight. If your anchor and peep are to close, ie your anchor point is very high, you run out of sight adjustment. I have also seen this on bows that are way to long for the shooter.

--Bob
Old 12-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bob H and David have covered everything that I was going to mention .Espeacially your peep .And yes you should be able to move your whole sight down in the bracket.

nubo
Old 12-28-2004, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depending on how you ancor , how high above your nock your peep is , and other variables , this may be normal . My 5 yard shot hits between my 20 and 30 yard pins .
Old 12-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I am reading this correctly you are using your 20 yard pin at 5 yards ? Arrow trajectory rises as your arrow comes off the bow and then begins to drop. At 5 yards on in I use different pins accordingly. Your sight position will be the same at 5 yards as it is at longer distances . It takes a little practice to find out which pin to use. I shoot alot of tournaments and practice at these yardages often. Can you effectively sight in for 20, 30 , 40 etc.? If so go back the other direction on your pins as you get very close. It will take a little figuring out. Great advice from the other posts on here also. Your sight should have a gang adjustment. If not , some sights have screws that can be removed and refastened in a diferent mounting hole on the sight. What sight do you have and maybe we can help some more.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:27 AM

I have a Champion 4 pin sight, but I think I made a mistake because I havent shot from more than 15 yards due to the fact I'm shooting in my basement and I dont want to break a window. Sorry about that!!!
Old 12-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would try to set a 20 yard pin and see if it is possible. Then try your shorter yardages and see where they hit at with different pins. I don't know much about the champion sights maybe someone else on here can be of more assistance as to adjustments with that particular sight. As stated before. Just remember to follow your mistake Shoot left move left and so on. It is the same for up and down. Good luck and let us know how you made out. Oh one more thing. If you need more room you might be able to move your pins within the sight window to gain more room if you need it.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:21 PM

Been There, Done That. Adjust Your Peep Sight. As A Rule Of Thumb, I Have Heard That You Should Close Your Eyes And Naturally Draw Your Bow As If You Were Actually Shooting. Then Open Your Eyes And Begin By Placing Your Peep At That Focal Point On The String. This Will Also Help In Acquiring Your Target Faster. It Worked For Me. Good Luck.