Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help With New Sight Adjustment??? >

Help With New Sight Adjustment???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help With New Sight Adjustment???

Old 07-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Help With New Sight Adjustment???

I bought a new set of sights and a Drop Zone rest.My shots were way low at 20 yardsand I had to max myadjustmentsout to get it right.My 20 yard pin is good now.My 30 yard pin is the same way(shoots low)but it's already maxed out.I'm an amateur when it comes to bows so i'm sure it could be anything but is their anything specific that might cause this?The new sight I bought is the Toxonics Cross Breed.I shot fine with my old sight all the way up to 40 yards.If I did'nt leave enough info i'll be glad to answer any questions.
Thanks,
James
Old 07-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help With New Sight Adjustment???

well check you peep and nocking point, and make sure you are nocking at the same point each time
Old 07-10-2006, 08:22 PM

It could be many things. Once you installed the new rest, have you paper tuned the bow? If not, do that before you sight in. That may bring it up where it needs to be. Your anchor position could be wrong, man, w/out seeing you shoot and your set up, it's really hard to say. I still say paper tune first and see what happens.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BamaHuntin

I bought a new set of sights and a Drop Zone rest.My shots were way low at 20 yardsand I had to max myadjustmentsout to get it right.My 20 yard pin is good now.My 30 yard pin is the same way(shoots low)but it's already maxed out.I'm an amateur when it comes to bows so i'm sure it could be anything but is their anything specific that might cause this?The new sight I bought is the Toxonics Cross Breed.I shot fine with my old sight all the way up to 40 yards.If I did'nt leave enough info i'll be glad to answer any questions.
Thanks,
James
what do YOU mean by maxed out
Old 07-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the replies.I'll check all of those things.By maxed out I mean that I've moved the sight pin and the sight itself as far as it would go.
I'll try and rig me up one of those windows to paper tune it.
Thanks again,
James
Old 07-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

Quick question,how do I check my peep and knocking point?Seems like I had a similar problem when I first bought my bow and sighted it in,can't remember for sure if it was the same problem or not though.
Thanks,
James
Old 07-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

I read in a book a way to check my peep.It said to close my eyes and draw my bow,when I open my eyes my I should be looking through my peep without tilting my head.If that is a accurate test then my peep seems fine.
Anybody care to share how I check my nocking point?
Thanks,
James