Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

goldtip pro

Old 12-20-2004, 02:51 PM

Default goldtip pro

has anyone experienced degrading spine with goldtip pro hunter shafts? just curious. thanks.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: goldtip pro

I have been shooting these exclusivly for the past few months.

I have had 1 arrow that was grouping an inch or so left every shot. I changed the nock and it was right back where it needs to be

I am even using these for my 5 spot leagues rather than the different line cutter style fat shafts.

No problems thus far.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:15 PM

I have been shooting them for several months now and have absolutely no complaints ! JeffB told me if I had any flyers to turn the nocks a little and it would correct it..........as usual... he was right !

I have heard of GT's spine issues.........but I have not seen any effects on any of my arrows so far ! All of them I have shot with fixed blades will stack arrows with my field points out to 60 yrds ! I will be interested to see if this stays true over a whole year.............but all indications right now look good !
Old 12-20-2004, 05:52 PM

i have no doubt the gt pro's are great arrows initially, but i just wonder what happens to their spine over say, 1, 2 even 3 years of shooting. does anyone have experience shooting these shafts for an extended period of time?

i am in the market for some new sticks for next season and really have my heart set on a/c/c's. but for some reason i keep going back and looking at the gt pro's. (maybe the price difference keeps me intrigued? if i can get a great arrow for cheaper, why shouldn't i, right? ) seriously, i can't help but wonder how the spine on these shafts will hold up after a year or two of shooting...
Old 12-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shooting GT's for quite a few years. Tried some of the others and again, right back to the GT's. I personally never had a GT's spine degrade. Of course if you shoot the same arrow for 2 or 3 years, this may be different. But who here can keep a dozen shootable for that long? I go through close a dozen a year busting nocks and splitting the ends and such.

I don't shoot the Pro's as I shoot a 27" arrow and can get the XT's just as straight if you take care to cut equal lengths off both ends most of the time.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:27 AM

But who here can keep a dozen shootable for that long?
***slowly looks around as he raises his hand***

seriously, i will shoot an original dz of arrows for 2 or more years. i'm not that hard on arrows. i quit shooting "groups" long ago. one arrow, one spot. doing it that way they will last quite a long time. then i'm only replacing them when they are ruined on shots at game...so, again, the shaft's spine is important to me...i just have a feeling i'll be shelling out the cash for a/c/c's.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Darn it Sho-me, everyone else tells me to do that too. But those tight groups at 30 yards just look so pretty.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:41 AM

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

But those tight groups at 30 yards just look so pretty.
i can't argue that point at all.