Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 I guess Pinwheel12 was right.... >

I guess Pinwheel12 was right....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Old 11-01-2004, 01:08 PM

Default I guess Pinwheel12 was right....

I took this quote off of an ArcheryTalk.com discussion about the new Bowtech Equalizer cam system.

"From my inquiries. Set up nock level. Will paper tune with virtually any spine arrow. level nock travel, very little side to side nock travel."

I guess straight and level nock travel really does make sense, despite arguments to the contrary in the past.

Let the good times roll,
JMAC
Old 11-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I guess Pinwheel12 was right....

All just depends on who is pushing it I guess.[8D]

Just for the record, most hybrids do basically the same thing, but only a few have symmetrical cams and a round cable track that allows for straight and level nock travel at all drawlengths. The Merlin Omega for instance (well yeah, my commercial time! LOL) is one that is already astonishing as to the ease of setup and acceptance of variously-spined arrows. The Dartons are excellent as well, IMHO.

The Equalizer will be another of a myriad of variations to the original hybrid design that we'll continue to see in the coming months and years. Quite a few came out last year too if you remember. I'm sure that if it is of true hybrid design and care was taken in the development of it that it will shoot as good as the rest and the Bowtech following with love it. If not it will end up much like the G3 did..... Remember they ALL shoot the same through paper when shot out of a machine, so care must be taken in designing the overall geometry of the ENTIRE bow, not just the cam system. Some do this far better than others..... We'll leave the rest to everyones' imagination/opinions on that...

BTW--

Wonder when Mathews will come out with one?[8D] Maybe we should start a pool..... Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 11-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see some folks are finally coming around to the fact the guys who are on the manufacturing side of the archery coin actually do know what we are talking about
Old 11-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah he doesn't know it, but I always look for his posts. A good guy with lots of valuable info. Thanks pin
Old 11-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

And his backhand is still quite sharp as well.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Pinwheel 12

BTW--

Wonder when Mathews will come out with one?[8D] Maybe we should start a pool..... Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Never. Why would they? They already have the best cam system ever made. A hybrid is simply a bandaid for a poorly designed single cam.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:12 PM

I've just GOT to find that post where PW12 thanked me for steering him in the right direction!!!

I am very intrigued about the new Equalizer cam. I've had it explained to me in detail and have an order in for whatever comes off the production line first. They know that I'll test it immediately on my APPLE machine and that I will tear it apart and try to make it fail. They're still willing to sell me some units; therefore, they may just have something there.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

After trying Dartons CPS system I am sold on "Hybrid" cams. If bowtech can combine a good cam with their other features I may finally end up with my "perfect" bow. Something fast, smooth, with very little noise, shock or vibration. One can only hope
Old 11-02-2004, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 5 shot

After trying Dartons CPS system I am sold on "Hybrid" cams.
The cam system has always been great from a tuning/drawing/accuracy standpoint. Personally I just have never been able to find a hybrid with a reallysmooth shooting platform (without adding 5 pounds of sims gear) regardless if it's Martin, Darton, Hoyt, Merlin, Pearson, AR,etc. I think now with BT's inherent pleasant shooting characteristics that may become a reality.

Should be a great year for them. ATA booth will be absolutely freakin over-run.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think anyone ever said he was wrong in the first palce. It was more a matter of questioning of how relevant it really is or how much it really does matter. Especially, when you consider the perfect vegas rounds that have been shot with bows with horrible nock travel. What people were saying was that if a bow with level nock travel was so vastly superior then they would be dominating on the tournament trail where shooters of equal ability were competing against one another. But they weren't. Some people try to take one aspect of archery that their equipment does better than anothers and then paint it as the "do all end all" when in reality that just isn't the case. Is level nock travel better than unlevel nock travel? Sure. Will the bow with level nock travel out shoot the bow with unlevel nock travel? Maybe and maybe not it all depends on the 2 bows and who is shooting them.

Quick Reply: I guess Pinwheel12 was right....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.