Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Outback or Mighty Mite??? >

Outback or Mighty Mite???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Outback or Mighty Mite???

Old 10-29-2004, 07:52 PM
voz
Fork Horn

Default Outback or Mighty Mite???

Not to stir up trouble but which of these bows is "better" and why? I've heard Mathews makes a great bow...really quiet. Bow Tech is also a great company... Anybody shot both of these bows?
Thanks
Old 10-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Outback or Mighty Mite???

go with the Bowtech due to the simple fact their warranty and customer service is far superior to Mathews.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

I'd wait and see how that newer short ATA Bowtech compares in terms of the draw cycle. The feel of those bows is quite different. Just go shoot them, you'll know right away what you like better.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Voz!

I have to agree with these guy's ,both these bow's are great ,but I'm quite partial to bowTech as well ,and yes thier customer relation's is the best in the business.
If you've narrowed it down to these 2 particular bow's then that's great ,just go shoot both a few times and which ever you like then choose it .

I'd go BOWTECH

nubo
Old 10-30-2004, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot both bows. In terms of draw curve, the Justice more closely resembles the Outback. The Outback is a little faster. The Mighty Mite is faster than either. I prefer the more slender grip on the BowTechs. Also the valley is much wider on the BowTechs. It's nearly non-existent on the Outback. All three are equal re: noise, vibration/recoil. With the draw length modules and adjustable draw stop, the BowTechs offer some options not available on the Outback. My personal choice, of these three, would be the Mighty Mite.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:42 PM

I would go with the Outback. I had the Mighty Mite and sold it to get the Outback. The Outback has a longer riser making it more forgiving than the Mighty Mite. I chroned both bows with the same arrows and my Outback is a little faster at 67# versus the Mighty Mite at 71#. I will admit I'm only talking 4-5 fps faster but none the less it is. It did surprise me as I figured the MM would be faster. Shoot both and one of them will pick you. Good luck.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:59 AM

I guess it would depend on the person. They are both great bows made by great companies. I beleive in most cases the Mighty Might is a bit faster, plus it's a bit more adjustable with the cam it has. I own a Mighty Might VFT and love it. I tuned the cam so I have a bit more let off and a slight valley at full draw. I don't think you can do that with a mathews. I also think the bowtechs have better strings as well.

I really believe it will boil down to what feels good when you shoot it though. I like the grips on the bowtechs vrs the mathews. I would take a look at the hoyts as well if you haven't yet.

Good luck,
Paul
Old 10-31-2004, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I chroned both bows with the same arrows and my Outback is a little faster at 67# versus the Mighty Mite at 71#. I will admit I'm only talking 4-5 fps faster but none the less it is.
I can't see that at all. No way is a Outback at 67# faster than a MM VFT set at 71#.

My MM VFT at 71# 29 inch draw and 375 grain arrows shoots 294FPS. No way an Outback could put out that kind of speed shooting the same specs, especially not shooting it 4# lighter.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:28 PM

I know it doesn't seem right but that is the facts. Through the same chronograph at the same draw length. My arrows weigh 384 and at 28" dl I only got 271 fps out of the Mighty Mite. Don't get me wrong Bowtechs are great. I would probably still have one if I would of bought the Patriot or the Liberty. The speed thing is still something I don't understand. Two guys I know of are getting 297 fps out of the Outback at 29", looks like they still beat the Mighty Mite and their arrows weigh within a few grains of yours Buckeye. I don't want a Manufacture war I'm just stating what my experience was.
Greg.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've shot both bows. In terms of draw curve, the Justice more closely resembles the Outback. The Outback is a little faster. The Mighty Mite is faster than either.
Ditto. I have shot both and preferred the overall shooting characteristics of the Mighty Mite...though if somebody could come up with a Justice style bow (Draw cycle) that was about 10 fps faster...... Maybe this year.

Quick Reply: Outback or Mighty Mite???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.