Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 New PSE Triton, help on broadheads please >

New PSE Triton, help on broadheads please

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New PSE Triton, help on broadheads please

Old 10-19-2004, 06:17 AM

Default New PSE Triton, help on broadheads please

Going to pick up my new Triton Friday. I could use some help in choosing broadheads. At this point I know I am going Carbon's but unknown weight or exact model. I have only used mechanical broadheads solely based on shop owners recommendation. I have done some searching but would like to ask my question in this way. What is the best between mecchanical or fixed? What makes one better than the other? I believe the shop owner believes that Mechanical fly much more like field tips. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New PSE Triton, help on broadheads please

I shoot the NAP Shockwaves in 100gr. They fly 100% like my field points do. But if u are going to go with fixed I would either get the muzzy 3 or 4 blade. If your bow is set up properly they will fly just like your field points! Hope this helps.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:52 PM

AR
i know quite a few people who like the expandables for there flight consistency but i have heard a few horror stories of sometimes they dont open up all the way resulting in wounded lost animals.there are to many great quality fixed blade heads on the market that fly just as well--the slick trick broadhead---the crossfire and nitron by nap archery.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/FAQ.html
http://www.broadheadtests.com/MECHANICALVSFIXED.html
These two links will help you out a bit.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:52 PM

I have heard that it's more difficult to "tune" fixed-blade broadheads to carbon arrows. You can "heat and turn" a broadhead in an aluminum arrow until you achieve accurate consistent flight but you can't do this with carbon arrows. By recommendation from the guy at the bow shop, I have sided with mechanicals (AeroHead Steelhead 100gr). They perform well on broadhead targets but so do Muzzy 100's.