Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Question about tuning bow? >

Question about tuning bow?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question about tuning bow?

Old 10-02-2004, 08:00 PM

Default Question about tuning bow?

I just bought a Reflex Excursion from a pro shop around here. The guy tuned my bow with a thinner arrow than I shoot, So it looks like my arrow is pointing up a little bit because my arrows are a little thicker. Then after he got it tuned, he turned up the draw weight. He test fired my bow with the arrow he tuned it with and before he turned the pounds up and they were flying great. Now my arrows are flying like crap. It looks like they are doing corkscrews. Would either one of those things affect how my arrow flies?
Old 10-02-2004, 08:07 PM

Default RE: Question about tuning bow?

If he increased the weight after tuning, thats a little silly. Your arrow is probably underspined. A lighter point or heavier arrow is probalby in order. Verify his tuning too.
Good luck,
Stryker777
Old 10-02-2004, 08:19 PM

I doubt if they are underspined. I shoot CX Terminator Hunters 6075. If they can be, I bet overspined. But I think I want to switch to Easton axis arrows.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:21 PM

The arrow could be playing tricks on you. If you shoot an odd colored vane, it could look like it is wobbleing.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

If the goober tuned the bow with a different arrow than you shoot, then turned up the draw weight after he did his tuning, then your bow ain't tuned!

Also, even when he tuned the bow, he tuned it to HIS shooting style, not yours. You almost certainly grip the bow differently than he did, and that's only one of a long list of differences between your shooting style and his. Unless YOU do the shooting and the tech makes the adjustments to tune the bow to your shooting style, you will NEVER come out of a pro shop with a bow that's correctly tuned for you.

Learn to tune your own bow. Head over to www.eastonarchery.com and look under 'Downloads'. Download their tuning guide and just follow the instructions.