Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MZE Help???

Old 09-28-2004, 07:04 AM
Spike

Default MZE Help???

I installed the MZE rest on my Outback over the weekend by following the tape and instructions several times, but when I went to paper tune, I am getting a 1 1/2 left tear, I could not get it any better no matter what I did. I did not change my nocking point from 90 degrees dead center on the burger button. I have always been able to shot bullet holes with the nock set that way. I do not know if that would be the issues, but thought I would throw it out there. My setup is 74# 27" draw, shooting 3-60 ACC at 27.5" 3 4" duravanes and 125 grn tips. I have tried 100 grain and the tear is worse. Note I was shooting some nice groups at 20 and 30 yards, but that left tear has me worried. I did the foot powder test to see if I was getting vane contact and that is not an issue... Any suggests for me to try. Should I re-set my nock point per the instructions or does that make a big difference?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:49 AM

Default RE: MZE Help???

Try moving the rest position to the left, in small increments.....lemme know if that helps.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Spike

Tried that last night and moving left didn't work, but moving the rest to the right help somewhat, but then I was getting to close to the riser, less the 1/2 inch from burger button. I may try turning down my bow weight a few pounds to see if that helps, but I am already shooting a very stiff arrow in the 3-60 ACC.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:52 AM

If moving right helped, it sounds like a right tear. Also, your arrows could be overspined...I would recommend checking out www.eastonarchery.com and downloading their tuning guide. This will help you alot with this issue, and with future issues. Its nice to print off and keep around.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you shooting vanes and getting fletch contact ? could be the problem .
Old 09-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Spike

ijimmy, I did a powder test several times last night and no for sure I'm not getting vane contact.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:03 AM
Spike

I think I may have some cam lean going on. When I was shooting last night I could see that when at full draw the bottom of the idler wheel was kicked out to the left. looks like I need to twist the yoke on the right side about 3 or 4 turns to get it back in line. I did rewatch the Muzzy video and made a few small adjustments that helped the 2" left tear. I now have about 1" or 3/4" left tear. I was not able to have the nock set high like they recommend and had to go back to 90 degrees level at the burger button. I hope that twisting the yoke will correct the rest of the left tear. I didn't notice this problem with my WB due to the rest held the arrow all the way through the shot until it left the bow.