Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Darton Magnum Extreme Opinions... >

Darton Magnum Extreme Opinions...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Darton Magnum Extreme Opinions...

Old 09-26-2004, 06:14 PM

Default Darton Magnum Extreme Opinions...

I've been looking for a short ATA hunting bow that's a dual cam or hybrid and there aren't very many to choose from. I like the specs. on the Darton Magnum Extreme and would like opinions and experiences from those that have shot this bow. Pros/Cons? Also I've never owned a Darton bow before and would also like opinions of Dartins quality standards vs. the big guys. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Darton Magnum Extreme Opinions...

I came close to buying a Magnum Extreme, but I am more comfortable at full draw with a longer bow. I have to adapt my form and reference points for a shorter bow, and the shooting is not as natural for me. I got the Tundra instead, and really like the bow very much. I really like the draw of the Extreme CPS system. Very smooth to draw, it has just enough of a valley for me, and a firm wall. The bow tuned pretty easily with a GKF shoot through rest, but I ended up putting a QAD Ultra Rest on it and it works very well also, but makes less noise than the other rest. The Tudra is very quiet and recoil/vibration free, a very pleasant bow to shoot. I've owned (mostly out of curiosity) bows from Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, Newberry, McPherson, High Country, etc. The only other bow that shot so well so easily for me was a Bowtech Pro 38 Dual Cam, and it had a tougher draw and almost no valley. If you are interested in a good short bow, I would think the Mag Extreme would be a good bow for you.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:41 PM

I have owned Hoyt and Mathews bows, but my new bow is the Darton Maverick Extreme. It's a 38" ATA bow with the same basic construction as the Magnum Extreme. I've shot it for 3 months now, and have enjoyed every minute of it. Smooth is an understatement; it's so easy to draw that you can't believe the scale is reading the draw weight correctly. Then you shoot it through the chronograph and realize the scale isn't lying. I shoot a 28.5" draw set at 58 lbs with a 328 grain ACC and get 277 fps (5.65 grains per pound) or a 290 grain CX200 and get 292 fps (5.0 gpp). Thats with a string loop, two tied in nock points, a peep, and silencers. It's a light bow as well- way lighter than my old Mathews or the Outback and LX bows I looked at before buying it.

I set mine up with a Drop Zone Hunter rest and it shoots great with either of the above shafts. Do it, you won't regret it.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

i hunt with a darton yukon, with a trap door drop away rest, and it is deadly, i have killed deer with this bow that my browing couldnt have handled. I like darton alot.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt with a Darton Typhoon EXT. I have never looked at the Magnum Extreme? If the Magnum Extreme is anything like the Typhoon you can not go wrong.
good luck,

wk
Old 09-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another darton fan , Check the avalanch allso , its 34"s axil to axil , and most of the guys that have shot them love them . Ive got a mavrick extreme and its awesome .