Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Blackhawk Arrows >

Blackhawk Arrows

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blackhawk Arrows

Old 03-02-2002, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default Blackhawk Arrows

Has anybody tried the Blackhawk Vapor arrows? I'm still in search of arrow options for my new setup and these seem to run a little bit heavier than the other carbons I've seen.

gromage1
Old 03-02-2002, 11:16 AM

Default RE: Blackhawk Arrows

I would like to hear some responses on these arrows to. Good question.
ryan
Old 03-05-2002, 12:11 PM

I have a friend who told me that he changed over from ACC's to the Vapor's. He loves them. I called another friend who owns a local archery shop and asked him. He said, that they are the cats meow. Great for hunting due to the extra weight. I called a local outfitter and he has switched to them as well. So I decided to give them a try. I used to shoot ACC's. I must admit, they fly great. I compared groups between the ACC's and the Vapors. Very close and in fact, sometimes the Vapors were tighter. I have not shot any animals as of yet with them. I did set up my back-up bow with the Vapors and my main bow with the ACC's. I have a Pig Hunt set up for May. More to follow. By the way, Vapors are very straight and in fact claim their straightness over the entire length as opposed to the industry standard of 28".

Hope this helps.
Old 03-05-2002, 04:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Blackhawk offers several different styles of arrows. If I am not mistaken they have All Aluminum arrows, All Carbon Arrows and Aluminum Carbon Composite arrows. I think Airborne was referring to the Aluminum Carbon Composite version which would be comparable to the ACCs...though a heck of alot cheaper.

I tried the All Carbon variety last year. They did group exceptionally well for me and my setup...actually a bit tighter than the Carbon Express that I typically use. I believe I was shooting the stiffest spine/heaviest per inch size..the 4000s maybe? My only problem with them is that I had several of them bend, but not break when I was removing from some 3D targets. Now I have experienced this before with other Internal Component Carbons but in other cases it was usually in the middle of winter when removing arrows from the target was much tougher. The incident with the Vapors occured during the end of summer.

I still have a half dozen in the basement but I haven't tinkered with them for awhile.

Edited by - PABowhntr on 03/05/2002 17:53:39
Old 03-05-2002, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

Well I ordered a dozen I suppose the only way to find out is to try them, I'll let you all know when I get them.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:59 PM

I just got back into bow hunting.
I bought Vapor Black Hawk's.
I have only shot them a few times so far but they seem to
group very well for someone just starting out.
Old 03-08-2002, 02:35 AM

was thinking about checking them out they are manufactured 15 miles from me. What is te pricing like.
Old 03-08-2002, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Don't quote me on this but I believe the All Carbon Arrows are $65 a dozen and the Carbon Aluminum Composite ones are around $90
Old 03-08-2002, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

PA is right, eders has the all carbons for 65 and 75 bucks a dozen black/camo and around 90 for the alum/carbon, cut to length and fletched.

gromage1