Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Blackhawk Vapor Arrows? >

Blackhawk Vapor Arrows?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blackhawk Vapor Arrows?

Old 03-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default Blackhawk Vapor Arrows?

Anyone use these Blackhawk Vapor Carbon Camo Arrows? They look really neat, and seem to be on line with other arrows as far as weight and straightness tolerances. Just looking for some opinions on this arrow. Not that I need anymore arrows, but the WANT is always there.[8D]
Old 03-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Blackhawk Vapor Arrows?

I havent tried any of them but I do have them on order.. BLKHWK 3600 Carbon/Alum. Once i try them i'll let you know.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a dozen going in to their second season. So far they have been great. I've shot two deer and the arrows used are still useable. People have said they lose their spine after being shot so many times and they have durablitliy issues but I have had no complaints so far.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Been using them for two years now.Great speed and super accuracy!They are a little lighter arrow(per inch) but the penetration has been O.K.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:57 PM

i have them just not in camo. they do the job. I have shot 3 deer with them and not had a problem. The buck i shot this year, the arrow hit high on the entry and nailed the shoulder blade. The arrow did break at about 3-4 inches from the tip but it actually helped cause the remaining arrow tore the other lung aprt as he ran. i would def recommend them.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:23 PM

Have not shot the Camo, I have the 3490, I shoot 60 to 100 a day and HAVE shot the spine out of them. In grouping they are somewhat delicate and don't take well to nicks from other arrows. I like them from the get go however they really do tell you something is wrong as they tend to wander if there is structural damage to the arrow. I started with two dozen and have one dozen sevicable arrows left. I have been shooting them exclusively in practice at 3D and Paper for 2 months. They are expensive but I would recommend the Vapors to anyone who desires cosistency in weight between arrows. I am a newbie in the archery game and my 30-06 is gathering dust.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:00 PM

I would NOT recommend them to any of my friends, maybe some of the people I don't care for, but definetly not my friends!

My experience with the Vapor 4000's and the company were both less than favorable!

First, the arrows would not tune well for me and I was having poor arrow flight and poor grouping! Now, I wasn't alone in tuning, I had a friend of mine who is into 3-D shooting, worked at a pro-shop, and went to PSE's tuning and shooting school! This guy knows his way around a bow, and we messed around with those arrows for hours upon hours trying to get good flight but that didn't happen! I had no fletch contact, the arrows were spined correctly, and the arrows wouldn't tune! I was getting a tight wobble in the front and a wide wobble in the back of the arrow! Paper tuning was a nightmare..... I would shoot one shot and get nock high/left, next shot would be nock low/right, then the next shot would be nock low/left, ect.... it just kept changing!!!!

We picked up some PSE arrows, and tuned them up perfectly (paper tuning then group tuning) in a matter of a few shots! Once we knew that we had the rest set right, I put a BlackHawk on and yet again, I had terrible flight!

I e-mailed BlackHawk about it and I got the run around. I have never had a company treat me as bad as they did! I asked for any help or suggestions as to what was happening, and they pretty much told me that we (my friend and I) didn't know how to tune a bow. They didn't even offer any advice, they just pretty much said that we didn't tune the bow right!

The arrows weren't as tough as other carbons. The Beman ICS Hunters I had before them were much better as far as arrow flight goes, and those arrows were incredibly tough. The GoldTip 3-D Pro's I am shooting now are a dream. They are incredibly accurate and have some very good tolerances, and they are almost as tough as the Bemans! For around $80 a dozen, I think that these are probablly the best "bang for your buck" arrows out there!
Old 03-28-2004, 07:12 PM

Haven't been extremely impressed, mediocre performance with grouping problems. Shooting 3,000's. I've shot Eastons and Carbon Impact. Carbon Impact performed very well and will go back to them.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

I tried using some of the Vapor ACAs about a year and a half to two years ago. Initially they were very good in terms of spine, weight and straightness. However, after a few months of shooting I noticed a definite decrease in durability. Underlying layers of carbon would break regularly thus allowing the arrows to bend without showing any visible signs of damage. Very distressing.

Now, to be fair, I have had this happen with other ICS carbons but not to this extent.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:19 AM

I just bought a dozen of these and put them on an arrow spinner and was shocked at the wobble in them. So I ended up putting them on a v block and dial indicator and found six of them to be as far as 10 and 12 thousands out total. I called the company and they are going to replace the six that are bad.

Quick Reply: Blackhawk Vapor Arrows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.