Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD Ultra Rest

Old 09-21-2004, 08:40 PM

Default QAD Ultra Rest

Anyone shooting the QAD Ultra rest? What do you think?
Also, anyone try shooting it with Turbo Nocks? If so, did you get contact or was it ok?
I am thinking of trying the rest but don't want to purchase it if my Turbos are not going to fit through the thing.

Thanks -- Ronedog --
Old 09-21-2004, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: QAD Ultra Rest

I have a QAD rest and I think it is one of the best rest I have ever tried. I have used the Muzzy zero effect and like the QAD a little better, and I like the muzzzy. As for turbo knocks aren't they the ones that have hard plastic fins? If that's them I would be wary of them. ANY contact would be bad. If the drop away is working perfect they should work but if there is the slighest touch from non forgiving fins your arrow will go wild. I would stick to vanes or feathers my self. Jim
Old 09-22-2004, 04:13 AM

I was going to try the exact setup you described. The problem I had was the QAD rest I got was not modified to go on the Bowtech bow. Seems Bowtech risers are wider then most and you can not get center shot with the original QAD rest. I sent the rest back to QAD and it has taken 10 days so far and I have not got my rest back. I think they make a good rest but there customer service leaves something to be desired.

Drop "Len in Maryland" a line. He has put on several of these rests and they do not all work well with certain types of bows. I tested the turbo nock on a MZE and was pleased. There had been some reports that the turbo nock would make noise but I could not hear any. If I ever get my rest back I will try the turbo nock with QAD rest.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have nothing but good things to say about mine. I love it!!! My shop can't keep them on the shelves.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've considered one of these rests. I may have to try one out next year, maybe on my 2005 model Bowtech.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:58 PM

I also have a QAD Ultra rest and A Bow Tech Pro 40 dually. I ran into the same problem with not enough centre shot. I contacted Ultra Rest & they advised me that they had a new model out which had a longer launcher bar which should work fine with my bow. They mailed me the new rest with the longer bar and I sent my old one back. Needless to say, there still wasn't enough centre shot adjustment. Since I loved my old Ultra Rest on my Mathews which I traded for the Bow Tech I made my own spacer out of aluminum to install between the rest and mounting bracket. This then gave me the cntre shot adjustment which I needed.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:47 AM

I have the QAD Ultra rest on a Bow Tech Stalker '03 model and it seems to be working fine. Only had it about 2 weeks, but haven't had any problems. I've also tried my broadheads at 20 yds and they hit within 2" of field points. Unfortunately I haven't tried longer shots yet.

Tom