Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 GRRRRR....but..... >

GRRRRR....but.....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

GRRRRR....but.....

Old 09-15-2004, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GRRRRR....but.....

I'd have told that shop to refletch, or make up another set within a day or so. If they said no, I'd have told them they've lost a customer. I've never been willing to pay half price for a product I didn't want in the first place.

Everybody makes mistakes. That's not the issue. The issue is the shop wasn't willing to get you what you wanted in the first place, after they screwed up. Hell, they probably knew they screwed up and just hoped you wouldn't figure it out. They would eventually sell those arrows to somebody, for at least half price. Why not do that, and satisfy you at the same time?
Old 09-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

After more shooting..I have both broadheads hitting pretty well @ 20, 30, and 40 yards.

When the weekend gets here..I'll finish tuning. As of now though..it's probably about 85% there. I'm happy...I made out like a fat rat..and I'll never go back to that shop!
Old 09-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say your "proshop" dude must have a pretty hefty dollar amount figured for his time![&:] Coming from someone who builds arrows for people on the side , I'd say you walked away from that deal smelling like a rose! I would have refletched and crested your arrows again at regular price (my mistake) rather than giving you half off the arrows and $60 worth of mech heads for free.
I'd say your proshop dude is probably swamped with business right now and it sounds like he bent over backwards (to avoid extra work for him) just to make you happy!
Old 09-16-2004, 07:04 AM

this is another good reason for you to learn how to build your own arrows. you came out great. i'd take that deal in a heartbeat, go home, and fix them myself. its really easy.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've really looked into the Bitzenburg <sp?>..b/c my buddy has one and loves it. I'm in the middle of moving..and haven't had time to make a new workbench. Next year I'm positive I'll be making my own arrows though...that's for sure.

BTW..yeah..that new shop is swamped. He tried to get permission to sell Mathews..but they turned him down. It's a Bowtech place...so that's half the problem right there!