Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Winn glove release? >

Winn glove release?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Winn glove release?

Old 09-08-2004, 06:46 PM

Default Winn glove release?

Has anyone used the new loop Winn release? I really like the Winn gloves but they really need to make the release head rotate more. Has anyone ever used the Winn Glove and put a different release head on it? Maybe one day they will actually make a Winn Glove with a good head on it!!!
Old 09-09-2004, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Winn glove release?

parker1,
I have not tried the loop head on the Winn Glove releases.
So I cant comment on it........ as for trying the Winn Glove with a different head... do a search on this site for posts from Rangeball...... he just recently put a different head( I think it was a T.R.U Ball ) on his Winn Glove and was likeing it .
As for the C-10 Winn Head I have been very happy with it. I find it works very well on a string loop..... it just takes a bit of getting used to loading the head on the loop. I will push forward on the back of the nock and then a slight pull back to lock it on to the loop..... then make sure the nock is still seated properly on the string.
I have won 2 ASA Illinois State Championships, Placed in 8th and 10th in the money at 2 ASA PRO/AMs, and placed 10th and in the money at the ASA World Classic in Georgia this year, as well as taken many deer, possum's and Coon with the C-10 Winn Free Flight Glove release.... so it's working well for me.... but I have been shooting it for many many years.....But different strokes they say for different folks I have been trying my Chappy Boss that I like .....but I just seem to do better and am more comfortable after many years of using it with the Winn Free Flight Glove.
If the head on the Winn did rotate a full 360 dergee's what other hand position would you be shooting the release?
I have to wonder if the Winn head was made to rotate a full 360 degree's how would one be able to properly trigger the trigger while keeping the release arm in the proper and correct form and position if they were to hold the release in a position other than the recomended position from Winn or in a back tension release position.....But then again I cant help but wonder also why they dont make the head rotate a full 360 degree's like my chappy Boss to make sure the head wasnt causing any string tork when shooting off the string...... but with a string loop I believe that string tork will not be a problem, which does and still manage to find the proper form with..... so you have a good question..... I find I have enough rotation in the C-10 Head to be able to hold the Winn at a horizontal position and I also can also use it with my release hand placed basicly in a back tension release position( with the top of the release hand laid against my face with the palm of the release hand facing away from my face) and can then shoot it as a back tension release.... I know some find the release to have to much play in the trigger.... but I have become acccustomed to it.
I am very pleased with the Winn Free Flight Glove C-10 ...... Keep looking here I know there are others on this site that have tried the Loop Release.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Winn glove release?

The Lady is correct, I did put a different head on a Winn glove, a TruFire Bear Paw to be exact

Absolutely love it. If it's rotation you are looking for, the BP can be set fixed, rotate 45* or a full 360*. With that said-

If the head on the Winn did rotate a full 360 dergee's what other
hand position would you be shooting the release?
Is a very valid point. I've left mine set at 45* rotation, how I received it, which is more than adequate, and I shoot off the string. I'm getting no torque issues, and I'm totally thrilled with the release/glove combo.

I think Trufire made the BP in a loop peg style head, but it may be harder to find. If you do find one, grab it, as I've found TF's version to be head and shoulders above the Winn offerings. The trigger is phenomenal, just the right amount of steady consistent travel then the arrows gone, so smooth you don't even know it's happening.