Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 mighty mite limb is cracked >

mighty mite limb is cracked

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mighty mite limb is cracked

Old 09-08-2004, 05:53 AM

Default RE: mighty mite limb is cracked

this post is not for bowtech bashing!!![:@] if you want to bash bowtech make another thread!!! the reason i posted this because i wanted to no what caused it... iam also not seeing alot of bowtech limbs crack just a few cases.. so c903 take your fake money and your two cents some place else[:@]
Old 09-08-2004, 06:49 AM

iam i missing something but i have heard of two other case on this borad about cracked limbs and i have looked on the other broads and have not found other problems. so whats this other people are talking about its there limb design if this was the case you would hear of alot more problems. i think it is isolated problems with the limbs. like the outback had with there cams....
Old 09-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

First, before any Bowtechers get their panties in a bunch, this is not a Bowtech bash!

I surely hope its just a bad run of limbs. Bowtech is a great company, but, there seems to be a problem here. There is a another post going right now on here about limb problems as well. I seem to recall 4 or 5 others having the same issues on this board, but, maybe my recolection is wrong.

Time will tell how good Bowtech customer care really is. I hope that once they identify the problem, they make an announcement about it and let us all know what it was and what they did to fix it.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:22 AM

my brother has the same bow as i have.(i sold him earleir this year) and he has had no problems. so i would say its a few limb problems
Old 09-08-2004, 08:00 AM

just heard from pat from bowtech and he says there are very few limb problems and the most he has seen about limb problem is on this broad.. he said the limbs will be sent out asap. great customer service!!!
Old 09-08-2004, 08:09 AM

It is not a case of "Bowtech bashing." It is a wakeup call! Without clear evidence that the cracking or breaking bow limbs can be attributed to owner's neglect/cause, there have been enough incidents of limb problems to warrant requesting that Bowtech affirm that there is not a product safety issue with any of Bowtech's bows. Of course, one has to get by the "cult" mentality and the "good services" cover to do so.

First; you have to acknowledge and accept the reality that the Bowtech company is not your "buddy." Bowtech's primary interest, as it is with just about any business, is your money and making and keeping a profit. Good and expedient services and those warm and fuzzy telephone conversations are all part of the "PR" tactics. However, there can be another hidden reason why a manufacturer will sometimes use great service and PR; that is to cover up a problem the manufacturer know exists with their product.

What if, by chance, Bowtech knows they have a bad run of limbs, a flawed component, or a flawed design out on the market? Do you really believe they would voluntarily recall thousands of bows? The financial loss and the loss of reputation would probably take Bowtech down very quickly. I would assume that bow manufacturing is one business that rides a tenuous line of survival or sink.

If the problem is greater than the consumer realizes and Bowtech knows it, but the problem is a "may or may not" problem, Bowtech would rather play the odds that less bow owners will have and report problems than the amount of bows that should be recalled. Therefore, they would just ride the storm, give great service to the customers that report a problem, and quietly phase out the flawed bow design or the bow component that is the cause.

The bottom line is; if you are a Bowtech aficionado and Bowtech can do know wrong, so be it. However, not all Bowtech owners think the same, nor do all prospective buyers care that someone is in love with his or her bow, and that regardless of a possible problems, the company provides "great service." Some people would rather not have to use a warranty.

Is it a fact that any of the Bowtech bows are flawed in any manner? No! But there is no harm, no foul, to require Bowtech to issue an official declaration to consumers that Bowtech is not aware that any of the Bowtech bows have a quality or product safety issue.

As for telling me that my opinions are considered to be "brand bashing," and that I should make a separate thread to do so; sorry, you will just have to live with it. As long as the thread is relevant, and this thread is, and I were say that a bow stinks, not the person who owns the brand, that is my opinion. If you want to say that Martin is junk, feel free to do so. My bows are inanimate objects; not my wife.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

c903, you just can't seem to get over the fact that people are happy BowTech is moving quickly to respond to their customers.

c903:
First; you have to acknowledge and accept the reality that the Bowtech company is not your "buddy."
This may be true to a point but, BowTech has shown itself to be a company that is interested in their customer's satisfaction. More so than many others.

c903:
If you want to say that Martin is junk
Can I take this to mean you shoot Martin bows? What has been your experience re: any problems with them? How about customer service? I do seem to remember you mentioning keeping a backup bow ready.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:14 AM

i agree with pdq 5oh
Old 09-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

This may be true to a point but, BowTech has shown itself to be a company that is interested in their customer's satisfaction.
Companaies are "interested" because you (and others) have paid for it in the original price of the equipment. It is a demand of the consumer.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

BobCo19-65:
Companaies are "interested" because you (and others) have paid for it in the original price of the equipment. It is a demand of the consumer.
True. And some companies are better at responding to it than others.

Quick Reply: mighty mite limb is cracked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.