Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 mighty mite limb is cracked >

mighty mite limb is cracked

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mighty mite limb is cracked

Old 09-06-2004, 08:18 PM

Default RE: mighty mite limb is cracked

i notice the crack when i was shooting the arrow started to fly wrong and looked at the limbs and that was the problem
Old 09-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

oneida.......your bow hasn't been in a press even to put in a peep sight or such?

In any event, yeah that's bad news.....I suspect you'll be up and shooting again very shortly.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:15 PM

It will be interesting to see how much more mileage Bowtech can get out of "great service" before the real issues become primary.

As things presently seem, I personally would not give a counterfeit dollar for a Bowtech product until the cause of the problems are factually identified and Bowtech issues a statement .
Old 09-07-2004, 05:10 AM

i made a tool so you dont have to press the bow to put a peep site in...
Old 09-07-2004, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seems to be an on going issue lately. It may be just a defective shipment of limbs. Does Bowtech make their limbs "in house"? Most companies do not thats why I'm wondering.

I'm wondering if there isn't a design flaw in these bows. I can't see how because of the parallel limb configuration, but something seems to be up with them. Could this parallel setup be "too" parallel? Since the limbs don't travel far when drawn, could they be coming to an adrupt stop at rest on the shot causing a lot of stress? Especially with the low stretch strings and cables they use. I don't know, just something I thought about.

I surely hope Bowtech identifies the problem and gets it corrected. They're a great bow and I'd hate to see a bad reputation from this. When they first came out, you didn't hear of such a problem probably due to the fact that not many were out in mainstream. Since the exploded and are selling bows like hot cakes, this problem has arised.

I guess we'll see what they do about and validate their customer service claim.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:19 AM

i dont think this is a design flaw i think its a bad batch of limbs. there are other companines with the same limb design..
Old 09-07-2004, 09:17 AM

Didn't mathews have this problem a while back? It seems like a few years ago there were alot of people complaining about bad limbs or something. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember something to that effect. I think all bow companies go thru problems like this, the key is how they work thru it and how they treat thier customers in the mean time. It does suck that it's happening now that they are getting really popular. Then, that seems to be when this kind of thing happens.

If it makes anyone feel any better, which I don't suppose it will, my mighty might is perfect. Now finnish flaws, no cracks, no nothing. I absolutely love it. I did nick the string playing around with the No Peep taking the peep sight in and out. Now I am down one strand on the string. I should get a new string, but I am going to wait until the season is over before I mess with it. Can't afford it any way even if I wanted to.

I would like to add that I think my bow has only been in a press once at the pro shop when I got it. Maybe, I can't really think of anything they would have needed to press it for? They didn't install a peep or anything and the modules go in without pressing the bow. I use a bowmaster exclusively at home, rarely does a shop press any of my bows.

Just out of curiousity, what is the proper press to use with these bows? What should we look for when we go to a shop? Should it be a press that puts pressure as close to the tips of the limbs as possible? Pictures would be a big help. That way when we take our bows to a shop and see them put in the press if it's wrong we can yell "STOP! Don't do that". And then maybe look for a different shop that has the right press or something.

I'm amazed at how little these bow companies look into a shop before letting them sell thier line. I can imagine there are some shop owners telling people that bowtechs are not that good simply because they are ignorant and don't know how to work on them. Then they push a different line because they are personally more comfortable with it. Or someone gets a bow and isn't happy with it, and it turns out the only reason is because it's set up wrong or something. It's a shame, but I know it happens.

Paul
Old 09-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't mathews have this problem a while back?
No! It was the limb pockets. Which may have to be looked at on the Bowtechs. It seems odd with all the limb cracks lately they seem to start at the limb pocket.[&:] With the majority of bow companys using the same limb manufacturers or at least the same limb material I'm guessing the problem may be with the limb pockets. Wh knows? Hopefully Bowtech.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:56 PM

i took the bow back to the pro shop and he said i will have new limbs on it by next week. he said bowtech is awesome on there customer service.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:06 PM

he said bowtech is awesome on there customer service.
They should be, they have been getting a lot of real time practice lately!

Quick Reply: mighty mite limb is cracked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.