Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Parker or Reflex - need help deciding! >

Parker or Reflex - need help deciding!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Parker or Reflex - need help deciding!

Old 08-28-2004, 10:30 AM

Default Parker or Reflex - need help deciding!

Hey everyone.

I've got my choices for a new compound down to the Parker Hunter Mag and the Reflex Grizzly.

What would you buy, if you had to choose between these two bows? I don't have an archery pro-shop anywhere near me (live on Kodiak Island, Alaska), so shooting them isn't an option.

I can buy the Parker Outfitter kit from Cabelas - already setup from the factory and ready to shoot - or I can get the Reflex Grizzly from huntersfriend.com for a bit more $$$, but it's also setup and ready to shoot, plus has been chrono'd.

All things being equal, what would you choose?

Please, no "I'd only buy a Mathews" comments - I'm tired of Mathews!

Thanks!
Andy
Old 08-28-2004, 02:00 PM

Default RE: Parker or Reflex - need help deciding!

Parker is lighter and faster by a little I would lean to the parker but what feels better in your hands???
and what would be wrong with a good used mathews L.o.L.
Good shooting and you got some smart choiches there.
See ya
DaBoys
Old 08-28-2004, 02:55 PM

I owned a Parker Hunter Mag for three years. Great bow the only thing I did not like was the grip. For the money it would be hard to beat in my book. I have never shot a Reflex Grizzly, but the article in August Outdoor Life that rated 21 bows had nothing but good to say about it. They said the Reflex was on par with bows costing twice as much. It will be a tough decision , but I dont think you can go wrong either way
Old 09-05-2004, 08:48 PM

well if i were u i would go with a 2004 hoyt eather the XTEC,ULTRATEC,VIPERTEC,OR RAZORTEC they are all great bows and they feature hoyts new cam&1/2 witch makes it a very smooth and forgiving bow and they have alot of driving power that u will need if u are hunting moose,or bear in alaska. they are also very fast. My hoyt is a 2004 ultratec and it will drive a 27in 2213 easton xx78 superslam allumanom arrow with 100gr broadheads clean through my McKenzie deer target at 20 to 50 yards.

[link]http://WWW.hoytusa.com[/link]

But if u have your mind set on eather a parker or reflex i would go with the parker hands down no questions asked its just a better bow than the reflex.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:30 AM

I shoot a Parker Hunter Mag right now and I am really satisfied with it. I think that you should go for the Parker. Parker makes a better bow than Reflex. JMO

Bowhunter_45
Old 09-06-2004, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

first, let me say I own a Hunter Mag and just shot this pig with it. Second, there is a post that says look at the Hoyts .......well a Reflex is a Hoyt! They at made by Hoyt and are a cam 1/2 bows. being that you don't have a pro shop to handle the bows because how they feel in you hand and how they shoot is important I would go with the parker. Parker bows have taken a large part of the market because they are reilable and are tuned in the factory so you are ready to shoot out of the box.

Good luck and what ever you choose will do they job.