Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 MATHEWS LX With Muzzy Zero Effect Rest >

MATHEWS LX With Muzzy Zero Effect Rest

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MATHEWS LX With Muzzy Zero Effect Rest

Old 08-26-2004, 06:44 AM

Default MATHEWS LX With Muzzy Zero Effect Rest

Has anyone had a hand contact problems with a Mathews LX with a Muzzy Zero Effect rest installed? I though the string was hitting my wrist but after studying it, I found out the screws that hold the mechanical linkage to the cable is hitting my arm every once in awhile.

I was thinking about switching to a drop away Ultra Rest. Has anyone used one of these and what do you think about them?

Thanks
Glen
Old 08-26-2004, 07:01 AM

Default RE: MATHEWS LX With Muzzy Zero Effect Rest

I've never used either of the rests you mentioned, but I have a Vital dropaway on my MQ1, and it shoots like a dream. It also has a clever mechanism which holds the arrow on the rest until you draw. Works very well.

By the way, nice choice of screen name. I'm sure it wasn't by accident. It gave me a good laugh. Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:06 AM

I admitt, I stole it from Len In Maryland.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:22 AM

Glen:

You've therefore got two problems. Too long a draw length coupled with incorrect hand positioning. When we change the cam, we'll also correct the grip.

See you soon.

Len
Old 08-26-2004, 07:56 AM

I agree with Len. I have a zero effect on my Legacy and I love it. I shot a trap door last year, and while I liked the rest it presented the problem of the arrow falling off too easily. As far as the zero effect, make sure that you adjust it according to the directions. Make sure nothing is sliding or loose. I'd like to see a pic of your setup if possible? I might have a few other pointers if I could see the setup pics of the cam too.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Len I have a question(sort of)I installed my second ZE rest yesterday,on a buds Mattews FX,I also put one on my Hoyt razer tech last spring and love it.Anyhow I remember while I watching the video that he suguested using the hole position closest to the archer,and the claw is by default set to the furthest back position in the "lever arm"I did all of this and tuned and found the the arm was hitting my hand after shots.I called Muzzy and they recomended me try and use the second hole for the "claw in the lever".It works fine now and is shooting bullet holes.My question though is,are these setting normal on the Matthews bows or the FX,and is there other grips that can be purchased to help this?My Hoyt grip is a thinner grip than my buds Matthews and I didn't have any probs with it.Also I know you have installed lots of these and shoot with one too,anyhow the mole skin that came with my setup for the claw isn't staying on too well.The moleskin they send is thick, will the skinny stuff work and hold up?I know I may have to adjust a tad if I use the skinny moleskin.Thank's for any help or comments Len.Bill D>
Old 08-26-2004, 02:37 PM

I had my MZE hitting my hand after I changed the grip from the Mathews to a Shrewd on my LX.I changed back to the Mathews.
Len knows why my hand was hitting the MZE...Bob
Old 08-27-2004, 06:19 AM

I am off to see Len this afternoon. I am not sure with my hand position, we can stop the Muzzy ZE from hitting my hand. I would rather shange the rest then a hand p[osition I have been using effectively for 10 years, even if it is not right. I am sure Len will try his best to get me shooting right.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:45 AM

I went to see Len in Maryland and he pulled his magic on the bow. Unfortuantly, I am to stubborn to listen to advice. He proved the bow can be shot with out hitting your hand, I proved if you do not take the advice, the bow will hit your hand. Good job Len and thanks for getting my bow cam replaced while I waited.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:45 PM

can someone point me in the direction of getting instructions for the ZE install. i do not have them and i am trying to put one on my MQ1..i may have the wrong ZE