Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Mathews LX and Muzzy Zero Effect Rest!!! >

Mathews LX and Muzzy Zero Effect Rest!!!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews LX and Muzzy Zero Effect Rest!!!

Old 09-17-2003, 07:56 AM

Default Mathews LX and Muzzy Zero Effect Rest!!!

I have been shooting an MQ-1 for some time now, but decided to go out and buy an Mathews LX and keep the MQ-1 for a backup. Well I purchased a new MZE to put on the LX and what a sweet rest. Hooked up easy, and is smooth as silk. I put a little mole skin on the rest and its silent. The decision to purchase this rest came from everyone here. I was concerned with noise and durability of this rest, but once I shot it, it was a non issue. Its silent and very durable. I did a search on this board for everything about this rest, and the response was overwhelming. The Muzzy got the most and highest reviews.
I do have one question, It appears that this rest for the Mathews Roller system doesn' t come with the aluminum overdraw shelf. Just the rest. Where the other MZE systems for cable slide bows have the aluminum shelf. Is this correct????

Thanks to all for the great imput on the MZE.

Bill(WI)
Old 09-17-2003, 08:18 AM

Default RE: Mathews LX and Muzzy Zero Effect Rest!!!

Bill ......I haven' t used the MZE.
But how do you like the LX compared to the MQ-1 ?
Old 09-17-2003, 08:29 AM

I have been using my MQ1 for several years, and its been the most accurate and dependable bow. I couldn' t believe I could purchase anything that would compare. About a 1 1/2 years ago, I went out and purchased a Mathews Q2 and Absolulty couldn' t stand the bow. It was do to the fact that I was so used to shooting the 80% letoff. Well I went to the same proshop I have been going to for years and the guy there completely set up an LX for me and gave me an hour on the range shooting. The LX is faster than the MQ1 and holds better for me. I was amazed at the shot groups I was getting with this bow that I had never used or practiced with before. Don' t get me wrong, I am not getting rid of my MQ-1, in fact I had new cables and string put on it at the same time, but the LX really shined and felt better than even the old MQ-1. Its silent its quiet and vibration free. No limb savers needed. I guess you gotta try one and see how it feels for you.
Good luck hunting

Bill(WI)
Old 09-17-2003, 09:05 AM

Oh,I got one Bill.......the first one that came in to my shop back in March!!

I also still have my MQ-1 around as well !!

I tried some other Mathews models too, but never liked any nearly as much as my ole MQ-1 !!
Until I started shooting this LX.......I think it' s the best one they' ve put out yet !! Good Luck with yours !
Old 09-17-2003, 09:09 AM

Thanks CBM,

They do make an outstanding bow.

Good luck hunting.

Bill(WI)
Old 09-17-2003, 12:12 PM

The Muzzy zero effect for the LX does not come with the overdraw bracket. I have two of the origional with the braket. I bought the Muzzy when I bought my LX. I don' t see a need for the overdraw on the LX and could probably take it off the other two bows I have. I am glad to hear the Muzzy is working out for you on the LX. I took it off mine and put a Trophy Taker on due to a little hand shock and mine was a little noisey. I am goiny to try it again after hunting season. I talked to Muzzy and they said if you went below 28" draw or over 29" draw, you might have to change the setup a little. The two origionals are real quiet so I should be able to get the LX one quiet with a little tweaking[:-] Don
Old 09-18-2003, 06:07 AM

My LX has a MZE on it,and I would' nt have it any other way.When you install the MZE, make sure you serve were the cable attachment grips the cable...Bob
Old 09-19-2003, 07:23 PM

Hey Bill(WI), Wasn' t the MQ1 70% percent let-off? Did they have a 80% cam to.Don
Old 09-20-2003, 05:55 AM

I think in year 2 or 3 of the MQ1,they offered the option of an 80% cam.MAN,,I can' t wait for the 2004' s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Take a look on Archerytalk.com,,,,look for the post " Mathews guys,have your say" ,,or something like that.Go down to where ONEBOWTIE chimes in.VERY INTERESTING stuff !!!!.
When given the choice, most guys shopping for a new MATHEWS will/would pick the LX over the ULTRA 2 ??.Any good reason ??.The ULTRA 2 IS a faster 80% let off cam !,,,Your only talking around a 1/2" less in BH....
What are your thoughts ??
Old 09-20-2003, 07:52 AM

Droptines,It was about the BH with me when I bought the LX,and besides that,I just really liked the way the LX felt.I read the thread from ONEBOWTIE on ArcheryTalk,and I have been hearing rumors that Mathews is coming out with something big.Thats just great,just when I was starting to think I might keep my LX longer than one season!!!...Bob

Quick Reply: Mathews LX and Muzzy Zero Effect Rest!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.