Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 All you Patriot VFT shooters.. >

All you Patriot VFT shooters..

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

All you Patriot VFT shooters..

Old 08-25-2004, 04:54 PM

Default All you Patriot VFT shooters..

Alight guys I got one little question for you all... I recently started playing with my bow and noticed the silencers that came on the bow from bowtec were pretty weak.. The String silencers cam apart after about 30 shots.. So i just cut everything off.. Now all i have on my string is 2 nocks, 2 kisser buttons and a peep.. Not a tubed peep just a regular circle peep... So my bow doesnt have any kind of silencers on the string. Now when i shoot it my bow is very Loud.. It is the string no doubt.. Probably louder than any hunting bow ive been around... Im shooting Gold Tip 45-65 Hunters. 100 grain tip. My bow is set at 65 lbs..

Now my Question for you all is.. How do i make my patriot quiet w/o overloading the string?? It almost sounds to me like its loud enough to where 4 leaches on the string wont help it. Or cat whiskers for that matter.. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Old 08-25-2004, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: All you Patriot VFT shooters..

Put on the cat whiskers. They'll do allot towards quieting your bow. Do you have a stabilizer on the bow? The Vibracheck Isolators work real well. I'll also bet your arrows are fairly light.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

1. Cat whiskers cut down to 1/2 dollar size
2. The new style Sims Limbsavers
3. Remove or cut all of the factory silencing stuff off - makes no noticable difference
Old 08-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are you positive that your draw module is tight?

There has to be something else wrong somewhere for it to be as noisey as you say.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I left the 2 factory silencers on the cables and replaced the 2 above and below the serving with Sims String Leeches. Worked great for me. I still have the original Vibrablocks on the bow and also the piece on the cable guard. I have no complaints. I do have a set of the new Vibrablocks and the new Husk Kit ready to go for when I replace my string.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:57 PM

I thought my arrows might have been a little to light after i posted... Earlier this summer a little part on my module was loose.. but i tightened it back up.. Ever since then i have checked it everytime before i shoot... I have a doinker stabilizer w/nap shock absorber deal that screws in the end of your stabilizer... Thanks guys...