Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 New string and cable >

New string and cable

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New string and cable

Old 08-17-2004, 08:54 PM

Default New string and cable

When I bought my Outback, they were hard to get, and I KNEW I needed a 27.5" cam. WELL, I told myself, I can shoot the 28" cam (the only one in stock)but as usual, I was wrong[X(]. I ordered a 27.5" cam and got it yesterday. While putting it on today, I noticed the serving at the cams on both the string and cable were wearing bad. The string and cable on this Outback has been much better than the LX I had last year. I have decided to get a Winners Choice cable and string for the Outback but want to try a less expensive cable and string on my Parker feather mag. Can anyone suggest a string and cable that would compare to the Winners Choice but cost a little less. Thanks, Don
Old 08-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New string and cable

I've heard several great things about Vapor Trail strings (TS1)... as a matter of fact I ordered a set for my Patriot today. The total for my dually was $80 + $2 shipping. Give them a call. From what I understand they are top quality.. as good or better than Winners Choice.. for a fraction of the price.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:44 AM

Check out the price on WC from these guys,http://www.thebowrack.com/ the prices are alot lower than the factory price.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:49 AM

KBacon, I buy the Winners Choice from The Bow Rack for 70.00 plus shipping. If I can find a different string for less, I will try them, but if they are the same price or more than Winners Choice, I would have to go with them. I've had two sets and couldn't see how you could get a better quality than Winners Choice.

Turk-man, I have found the same thing. They have the best price I've found. Don
Old 08-18-2004, 12:00 PM

there's a guy named aaron over on archerytalk.com, he goes by gipper, if you go to archerytalk.com and do a search for him you can find him easily. he makes wonderful strings and cables delivered tyd for like $50. (got mine within the week also).
Old 08-18-2004, 07:12 PM

Dang !!! I wish all you guys where a little closer to me ( N.Carolina ) i custom build strings and cables a whole lot cheaper than them big company's do. I use BCY 450 Plus material and it is awsome .
Old 08-18-2004, 07:18 PM

The winners choice string and cable are worth it my shooting was a lot better, than the strings with a zebra for a mascot