Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 08-17-2004, 04:22 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-17-2004, 07:46 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-17-2004, 03:29 PM

Default RE: turbo nocks

ORIGINAL: comanche

anyone try these-turbo nocks-any feed back appreciated-thank-you??
anyone try these-turbo nocks-any feed back appreciated-thank-you??
From what I gathered from the posts here & tips on their web page, I ordered the Dead-X for experimentation.

The Hunter is 1/8” larger dia., and they seem to say one may need to rise the arrow, to get it by the fall-away rest without contact. In my view one should shoot from the center of the free string, for top speed.

Now they say, most people likes the Hunter for more stability, that may be as a contrast between 5” helical fletch & 3” off-set, I do not know yet: but if one plans to shoot a large fixed blade broadhead you may want to experiment on the Hunter first.

The person I talked to when I ordered, did suggest a fall-away rest. I use the T.K.O. GKF set to drop at 8” of the power stroke.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bought a dozen of the hunters and plan to shoot through a whisker biscuit.

What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

Bought a dozen of the hunters and plan to shoot through a whisker biscuit.

What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment.
Hope you let us know what happened as soon as you shoot them.

Should get my nocks wed along with my 70# bow limbs for the Pat 04.

“Glutton for Punishment”. We complained about the speed of the SC Pat 04 to the shop & all that would listen at the company for a month, I am surprised that they even sold us the 70 # limbs. & if we do not get the low range of the ad speed there will be more. Then when we got the T.K.O. I called & inquired about the Launcher Pins, that’s when they said they were going to ship new pins for the rest, just to shut me up perhaps: I had already made my own anyways.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:19 PM

Hi HAZCON

When you get your TURBOS you will find a sheet with tuning tips , and a little suprise/
Anyhow bottom line on tuning.

Turbos fly best through the whisker if the nocking point is about 1/8 inch above square. This is a good place to start. It may take a slight up or down adjustment to fine tune. This works with most single and two cam bows. The new cam & 1/2 hybrids tend to tune about 1/8 nock low.

Lipstick test. If you smear lipstick all over the first turbo you shoot, It will leave a nice X and show how it is going through the Whisker Biscuit.
If it is marking the bottom of the rest , raise the nocking point a little more. If you go to our website at www.turbonock.com and click on tuning tips , then click on pictures we show a setup with a whisker.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

When you get your TURBOS you will find a sheet with tuning tips , and a little suprise/
LOL it doesn't tick does it?

Looking forward to trying them out.