Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Some updates.

Old 08-17-2004, 09:00 AM

Default Some updates.

I got my hind sight set up and now I'm hitting near or in the bullseye with every shot,I love the hind sight,It's much simpler than the peep,And It helps remind my about my Anchor point and the torque,

Oh yeah,I just got some new broadheads yesterday,They're the Game Tracker Firstcut Magnum Exp 125's,Everyone told me,You will have to re-adjust your sights,You were using 100 grain tips,So you'll have to adjust for the heavier tips,Well I didn't,My shot grouping has improved by 75% and I didn't change my sights at all,

These broadheads are great they have a 1 1/8" wide cut-on-contact 47/1000" lead blades for initial penetration,

1 3/8" Cross cut 31/1000" Expanding blades,

And they work great,

Any thoughts as to why I didn't have to adjust my sights?
Old 08-17-2004, 09:10 AM

Default RE: Some updates.

Oh yeah,I just got some new broadheads yesterday,They're the Game Tracker Firstcut Magnum Exp 125's,Everyone told me,You will have to re-adjust your sights,You were using 100 grain tips,
Yea, you can't shoot good enough to see the difference. Maybe someday you will be able to tell but right now your skill level isn't high enough for you to see any difference.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Bees

Oh yeah,I just got some new broadheads yesterday,They're the Game Tracker Firstcut Magnum Exp 125's,Everyone told me,You will have to re-adjust your sights,You were using 100 grain tips,
Yea, you can't shoot good enough to see the difference. Maybe someday you will be able to tell but right now your skill level isn't high enough for you to see any difference.

Well that was a smart a*# remark,My reply is,I am shooting at the same way I was,No change,So if I haven't changed what so ever,How could the broadheads be causing any diferance?

Granted I can't shoot as well as someone who's been doing it for years,However I am hitting the vital area,And I have been for about a week now and it hasn't changed,Smart remarks are uncalled for,

Most people on here are nice,They make good points without being insulting,You however could have just said,You'll notice the difference after you shoot for awhile,But no you have to make a smart remark.Like (Yea, you can't shoot good enough to see the difference),Which is uncalled for,

Being a great shot or a great hunter doesn't make you a great person,What does is helping someone else to become a better shot and a better hunter.Share the clouds don't hog them.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:00 AM

It is not a smart remark. It would take an expert archer to be able to tell the difference of 25 grains by point of impact at hunting distance's. Since you can't tell the difference based on point of impact, indicates that your skill level is not expert.

Not a smart remark, just a trueful evaluation of your shooting skill level at this time.

P.S. I don't think I can tell the difference either..
Old 08-17-2004, 11:35 AM

Default RE: Some updates.Ok.

I mis read it,I took it a bit out of context,I sometimes do that,Sorry.