Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

modules

Old 08-02-2004, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default modules

Hey all,
When I got my Pat DC the dealer order the draw 1" to short form me (I wanted a 29, he ordered 28 to compensate for a loop???) Anyway I talked to the regional Bowtech guy and he made some suggestions as far as things to do to get some more length out of the bow, his suggestions along with me getting 28.5 modules worked out well. I just put a new string and cables on and set it up to factory specs and now I'm to short again. My question is do you think I'd be better off getting some 29" modules and leaving it at the factory specs or adjusting like I did before. The factory guy I talked to told me that on the new DC's there is enough adjustment available to actually get some improved performance out of the cams by changing the cable length thus changing the cam rotation. Thats what I did before to get the draw I needed and the bow performed great. I was just wondering if you tech guys see a problem with changing the factory specs and how much I can change them before things start to go to #@it. My other concern is that the valley is so short on this bow that I'll end up having to change the specs anyway if the 29" modules turn out to be a little long.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:14 PM

Default RE: modules

Hey all,
When I got my Pat DC the dealer order the draw 1" to short form me (I wanted a 29, he ordered 28 to compensate for a loop???) Anyway I talked to the regional Bowtech guy and he made some suggestions as far as things to do to get some more length out of the bow, his suggestions along with me getting 28.5 modules worked out well. I just put a new string and cables on and set it up to factory specs and now I'm to short again. My question is do you think I'd be better off getting some 29" modules and leaving it at the factory specs or adjusting like I did before. The factory guy I talked to told me that on the new DC's there is enough adjustment available to actually get some improved performance out of the cams by changing the cable length thus changing the cam rotation. Thats what I did before to get the draw I needed and the bow performed great. I was just wondering if you tech guys see a problem with changing the factory specs and how much I can change them before things start to go to #@it. My other concern is that the valley is so short on this bow that I'll end up having to change the specs anyway if the 29" modules turn out to be a little long.
Modules are cheap, get plenty(bowtech has them for each ½ “ , almost all in this sport will tinker, research, fiddle, toy or whatever pet name they will have: & somewhere an anchor will be the most comfort & stable.