Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 grizzly package good deal? >

grizzly package good deal?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

grizzly package good deal?

Old 07-29-2004, 10:59 AM

Default grizzly package good deal?

I am looking to purchase a new bow and get back into bow hunting after 16 years. I havn't gone to the pro shop and shot anything yet, I am just doing cursory seaches on the web looking for bows that I would like to check out. I am looking at this reflex grizzly package: http://www.huntersfriend.com/grizzly/grizzlypkg.htm and I am wondering if this is a good deal? In the past when buying a bow I would go to the pro shop and get measured and have my bow set up for me. This company says they will do it over the phone and I don't see why they couldn't since I know my measurements and what I want. Of course I plan on going to the pro shop and shooting this bow before I decide to buy it but what I am asking is what some of you knowledgeable shooters think of the bow, sights, rest, arrows, broadheads and price. Here is the link again:

http://www.huntersfriend.com/grizzly/grizzlypkg.htm

Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:37 PM

Default RE: grizzly package good deal?

That doesn't seem to be too bad a price for that package. I think the bow alone sells in the 300-400 dollar range. Pro shops around here don't have them, they only have higher end models. The Grizzely has gotten some good write ups in the reviews.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:14 PM

Default RE: grizzly package good deal?

Thanks for the advice Bees,

I noticed you are from Flowery Branch. I am from N forsyth and lived in Flowery Branch at one time myself. I am living close to Tulsa, OK now but it is good to hear from someone from my old stomping grounds. I have a lot of good friends in your area. I sure do miss hunting up that way, one of my favorite all time spots to hunt is the trophy hunt in Dawson forrest.