Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Junk Outback or what? >

Junk Outback or what?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Junk Outback or what?

Old 07-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Junk Outback or what?

Guys I need some help. Got an Outback that has been too two different pro shops and just came back from Mathews. It will not go above 66 lbs (70 lbs limbs), the nock point changes daily and it seems unusally loud, and no big deal but the string supressors came from the factory installed backwards( idler on the cam and cam on the idler). We got on the phone with Brett and Jeff at mathews and they said they could not find anything wrong with the bow and that this is the only Outback that is having any problems that they know of. They said it left the factory pulling 72lbs and was is spec. At the pro shop we pulled it on three different scales, one hand held and two diiferent $1300 dalton digital scales, it will only pull 66 lbs. The limbs are cranked down and the brace height is only 7 3/8 with the ATA 32 3/4. Buy the way the cam alignment holes show the cam is over rotated. Nothing is in spec. I don't know what Mathews means buy all is well with this bow and they don't see anything wrong. I will be driving 5 hours this Tuesday to see a trusted friend, pro shop owner and one darn good bow tech to see what he can do. Anyone want to give this a go?
Old 07-10-2004, 07:13 PM

Default RE: Junk Outback or what?

Got it figured out......Mathews....

beats me....sounds like something is wrong..maybe the limbs aren't really 70 # limbs...perhaps the riser has a slight crack....I dunno...
Old 07-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got it figured out......Mathews....
yep!
you have either the wrong limbs or the powerr harness is too long causing it not to have its peak draw weight.
does the cam look like it is rotated all the way around?

good luck getting any warranty work done on the bow from the factory.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:55 PM

Check the cam itself. Mine was pulling below what I thought it should with bolts back all the way in. My Outback came from the factory with an LX cam on it (LX cam identification is "SLHP") I sent it back to Mathews and they replace cam with an "OUTB" cam. Poundage went up. I wrote them a letter when I sent the bow stating that i can't believe the wrong cam was installed. I questioned Mathews quality control and I expected to get some sort of response. I got the bow back without a response. Not good customer service in my book. Take a look at your cam.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:11 PM

I have the same situation with my lx. It is a 70lb bow that only pulls 67 lbs. I can twist the cable up to get it to 70 but then the cam is way out of position. My bh is only 6 3/8 also. It shoots good but with a 26.5 inch draw I don't want to give up any draw weight at all. I think I'll take my hoyt to hunt elk this year.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

I am not going to say much except for one thing............I would be very upset with the situation![>:]
Old 07-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Capt Ray !

You definetly have some issue's but it's not junk ,let your friend have a look at it ,but this is exactly why you have a warrany ,I'd let Mathew's sort this out and if your not satisfied THEN..........

nubo
Old 07-10-2004, 11:03 PM

If you are short on draw weight, long on ATA length and short on brace height,,, why don't you put twists in the cable AND the string? This will give you more draw weight, brace height and shorten the ATA length. Couldn't Mathews figure this out?
Old 07-10-2004, 11:06 PM

Lookie here,,,, my 1000th post and it has to do with a Mathews
Old 07-11-2004, 06:31 AM
nub

Did you not answer your own question?
Buy the way the cam alignment holes show the cam is over rotated.
You have to get the bow back to spec. Plain and simple. Like walks with bowtech says, twist up string and cable to bring it in. You will most likely have to put 2 times the twist in your string as you do the buss cable.

Walks With Bowtech; Congrats on the grand. I look forward to another 1000.

Quick Reply: Junk Outback or what?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.