Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 GoldTip Series 22 Problems ? >

GoldTip Series 22 Problems ?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

GoldTip Series 22 Problems ?

Old 06-27-2004, 09:39 AM

Default GoldTip Series 22 Problems ?

Ive been shooting GoldTip Series 22 Pro shafts for a short time and have noticed some of my arrows that originally grouped tight are definately becoming consistant flyers impacting approx 1 foot high at 30 yards. I do not know wether it is due to the spine giving out, possible impacts from other shafts while 3-D shooting or some other cause. These shafts that are affected (approx 3 so far) have only been shot approx a couple hundred times. Has anyone been experiencing a similar problem so that I may know what to look for. I would like to stay with this shaft if possible but must find out what is causing this.
Thank you
BD
Old 06-27-2004, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GoldTip Series 22 Problems ?

Welcome to The Owner's of Arrows with Straightness/Spine Trouble (T.O.A.S.T)

Assuming all the other shafts group tight, and there is no visible damage I would try rotating nocks to a different position and see if that helps pull them into the group. If that does not work, try reinstalling points/components.

Otherwise they will work great for your tomato plants
Old 06-27-2004, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff;

I would like to apply for membership in T.O.A.S.T. based on my ownership of Axis arrows. I do, however, have 10 dinged up (some with as many as 7 dings in the unibushing alone) ACCs and I didn't know if that would count against me. Maybe I could become an associate member?[8D]
Old 06-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

Jeff;

I would like to apply for membership in T.O.A.S.T. based on my ownership of Axis arrows.
Say no more! Any and all ST AXIS (or other Easton/Beman all-carbon arrow shafting) owners automatically qualify for a yearly membership with all dues waived.

I do, however, have 10 dinged up (some with as many as 7 dings in the unibushing alone) ACCs and I didn't know if that would count against me....
Nonsense! Experimentation is the key to enlightenment!

Welcome to the club. You are member #003 (I suggest you put it in your sig). Card & Secret Decoder Ring are on the way.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Count me in also Jeff, after the Blackhawks went to crap (seemed like about a week) the Easton Evolutions were better but still some of them are wacky, haven't had any trouble with the Axis yet but from what I'm reading it's just a matter of time. Guess I'll go with ACC's and get it over with.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gromage1

Count me in also Jeff, after the Blackhawks went to crap (seemed like about a week) the Easton Evolutions were better but still some of them are wacky, haven't had any trouble with the Axis yet but from what I'm reading it's just a matter of time. Guess I'll go with ACC's and get it over with.
Hellfire Son! Blackhawk owners get a free LIFE membership!

You are member # 004. Welcome aboard.