and it's that i..." />

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

patriot VFT 04

Old 06-23-2004, 09:06 AM

Default patriot VFT 04

i'm purchasing a BowTech , the last week i've try a Liberty and an Extreme !.
the Liberty amazed me with it's smoothness but i'm looking for speed first and comfort second . the Extreme was more harder to draw but with a terrible arrow speed and it's that i want ; i would try a Pat 04 but my dealer don't have one in stock for the moment :

what do you think about the Pat 04 ?

It's less harder to draw than the Ex 04 ?

It's better balanced and more quiet than the Ex04 ?

it's a good compromise between the Liberty and the Extreme ?

Thanks in advance !!!
Old 06-23-2004, 10:25 AM

Default RE: patriot VFT 04

Get the Patriot VFT, you'll only be giving up about 5 fps, gaining about 1/2 inch in brace height and will have better balance, arrow shelf extension, bearings on both ends instead of bushings, smoother draw and more accuracy You'll tell me I told you so
Old 06-23-2004, 03:09 PM

Thanks Walks with a gimp

In one word it's the best bow of the BowTech line

i wait other opinion on this bow

thanks in advance !
Old 06-23-2004, 03:26 PM

LYNX34,I bought the justice vft this year and I love it.It is smooth but no speed burner.I was plannin on adding the extreme to my bowrack also until I shot the patriot.I liked the extreme alot it was a great feeling bow but the patriot just felt a little smoother and the difference in speed on the birth certificates on the bows I shot was only 4fps.The patriot is a little shorter ata with a little higher brace height.It also has the sealed bearings and pivoting limb pockets.If my dealer had of had it in stock when I bought my justice that would have been the one I would have bought.Oh well I still love my justice just gotta have that patriot though.Whichever one you choose the extreme or patriot you cannot go wrong with a bowtech!
Old 06-23-2004, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i was in your same shoes,and purchased the patriot and love it.The brace is a little higher and the draw is smooth at 70 lbs.The speed is definately there.
Like wwag said it has bearings on the cam and idler and pivoting limb which the extreme vft dosn't.The bow balances real nice and you dont even realize you shot it till you see the arrow in the target.I personally think its the best bow bowtech has made to date.Its a good compromise between speed and comfort.
Wait till your dealer has the pat vft in if you can,i promise you will not be dissapointed
Old 06-23-2004, 11:25 PM

I can say this much... The Patriot is wayy smoother than the Extreme. Ive shot both now and the patriot gets my vote. I shoot my patriot at 27" 60 lbs. And its smoking. Pretty dang quiet too.. It could just be because i have a 10" doinker D2 on it and some other sims stuff.. I dont know. But my pat has almost no shock at all. My bro has the Extreme. He likes it very well. I let him shoot my pat and he said the pat is alot smoother to draw than his Extreme. They both have the speed so thats not a factor.. My vote goes to the pat since i have shot them both.. Go with whichever one you like the most... Im sure you will be impressed with whichever one you choose...
SA
Old 06-24-2004, 05:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think the Patriot VFT would be a good compromise between the EX VFT and the Liberty both in terms of speed and forgiveness levels. Speed is a nice thing to have and with the Patriot you are not sacrificing much forgiveness either.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Don't forget to put an Alpine Cable Slide on it and the draw gets even smoother. Cables don't wear at all either.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:34 AM

Thanks you all

thanks you for all your answers , i'm planning now to order my futre bow : the Patriot VFT 04

thanks again
Old 06-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have owned them both. I had a 2003 extreme last year and have a 2004 patriot this year.

Both are excellent bows.

The PAT is the cream of the crop

Great balance, brace height, mass weight, just everything about it is just right[8D] You will not be disappointed in the Patriot.

Quick Reply: patriot VFT 04

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.