Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What's Best Vanes for Whisker Biscuit? >

What's Best Vanes for Whisker Biscuit?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What's Best Vanes for Whisker Biscuit?

Old 06-24-2004, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default What's Best Vanes for Whisker Biscuit?

I have read this discussed, several different times on this forum, but now that I need to know I can't remember. I have used the search feature till I'm blue in the face, with no results![&:]

So, will you folks kindly tell me which brands of vanes work better with the whisker biscuit.

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2004, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's Best Vanes for Whisker Biscuit?

Flex fletch
Old 06-24-2004, 01:18 PM

My Bohning's with a mild helical are holding up great !! Just make sure you put a dab of fletching glue on the front an back of each vane....no matter what brand you end up with !
Old 06-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I were going to use a WB I would use Turbo Nocks with it
that way you dont have to worry about fletch dammage.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

I also like the Flex-fletch. If you must shoot lots of arrows through a biscuit, they will work the best.

B2 biscuit has half the fletching wear that the B1 has.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Throw another vote in for the Bohnings too. Their stiffness and profile make them work very well for the WB.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Bohnings are definately the stiffest.. so I'd prolly say that they'd hold up the best to the WB. The new WB is supposed to be alot easier on the fletchings... so you might not have as many issues w/ it as you would the old style.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i just use plain vanes with my B2 WB and they have absolutely no wear. 5shot suggests plasti-fletch vanes by i think bohning.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:41 AM

I've used the Bohning vanes with good success in the past. They are very substantial vanes, but the negative is that they are heavier. I prefer a very high F.O.C., so I like shooting lighter vanes or feathers. All seem to work good through the new biscuit, which I've been shooting for about 4 months. The concern about which fletching to shoot, is a lot less with this year's new biscuit.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bohning vanes will hold up well, but they are quite heavy. My arrows fletched with Bohning vanes average 15 grains heavier than with AAE Speedflyte vanes. With the Bohning vanes, I need to go to a 125 gr. point to get the FOC I need for good broadhead flite. The arrows then end up 40 grains heavier, if that is a concern. Bohning vanes are the least expensive vanes that work well with the biscuit. I do have some trouble getting them to really stick well to arrows.

The AAE Speedflytes are very good. Much lighter than Bohnings. The are a little tricky to fletch, due to their tiny base, and the fact that they suggest that you sand the base of each vane. They are also a bit pricey compared to Bohnings. I'm personally not that nuts about the superglue fletching cement they want you to use with them.

My next vanes with be Flex Fletch. I've heard lots of good about them. They also are a bit pricey, but are supposed to be quite durable, and can be fletched with their Flex Bond glue.

Feathers work very well with the Biscuit if you are willing to consider them.

Quick Reply: What's Best Vanes for Whisker Biscuit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.