HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's Best Vanes for Whisker Biscuit?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 06:22 AM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's Best Vanes for Whisker Biscuit?

Bohning vanes will hold up well, but they are quite heavy. My arrows fletched with Bohning vanes average 15 grains heavier than with AAE Speedflyte vanes. With the Bohning vanes, I need to go to a 125 gr. point to get the FOC I need for good broadhead flite. The arrows then end up 40 grains heavier, if that is a concern. Bohning vanes are the least expensive vanes that work well with the biscuit. I do have some trouble getting them to really stick well to arrows.

The AAE Speedflytes are very good. Much lighter than Bohnings. The are a little tricky to fletch, due to their tiny base, and the fact that they suggest that you sand the base of each vane. They are also a bit pricey compared to Bohnings. I'm personally not that nuts about the superglue fletching cement they want you to use with them.

My next vanes with be Flex Fletch. I've heard lots of good about them. They also are a bit pricey, but are supposed to be quite durable, and can be fletched with their Flex Bond glue.

Feathers work very well with the Biscuit if you are willing to consider them.